Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ice Spike is an Apprentice-level Destruction spell in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Similar to the path of an arrow, the caster ejects a spike of ice from the palm. The spell requires time to charge as well as time to reach its target, evening the ratio between damage and accuracy.
Damage caused by this spell reduces the target's health as well as drains the target's stamina for as much of the health damage. This spell also slows the target down. Ice Spike stuns targets if dual-casting with the Impact perk from the Destruction skill tree. The Ice Spike also does double damage if it hits an enemy's head (i.e. Elves, Men, or Beastfolk), especially if sneaking and undetected.
- Weight: 1
- Value: 96
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
- Court Wizards sell this tome.
- Faralda at the College of Winterhold.
- One tome can also be found in the Inner Sanctum if Dawnguard has been installed.
- May be found in chests.
- Sometimes found on hostile mages.
- Ice mages, Necromancers, Necromages, Vampires and Forsworn often use this spell to hit their enemies from afar. Wispmothers use an alternate version of this spell that shoots three spikes instead of one.
- Ondolemar uses this spell in combat, the only member of the Aldmeri Dominion to do so.
- Ice spikes shatter when striking a solid object, such as a wall or chest. The same is true for Icy Spear.
|Arniel's Convection • Blizzard • Chain Lightning • Fire Storm • Fireball • Firebolt • Fire Rune • Flame Cloak • Flames • Frost Cloak • Frostbite • Frost Rune • Ice Spike • Ice Storm • Incinerate • Icy Spear • Lightning Bolt • Lightning Cloak • Lightning Rune • Lightning Storm • Sparks • Thunderbolt • Wall of Flames • Wall of Frost • Wall of Storms • Vampiric Drain|
|Freeze • Ignite • Whirlwind Cloak|
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Destruction Ritual Spell • Magicka • Perks • Magic • College of Winterhold • Destruction trainers • Runes • Disintegrate|