|Your Thu'um freezes an opponent solid.|
|Recharge||60, 90, 120|
|Locations||Frostmere Crypt (during The Pale Lady)|
Saarthal (during Under Saarthal)
- Main article: Dragon Shouts
Ice Form is a Dragon Shout in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The Ice Form shout allows the Dragonborn to shout a powerful freezing force in front of him/her. When the force strikes an opponent, it will simply freeze the victim into an "ice statue" state. The enemy will be completely immobilized and will fall on the ground, while being inflicted with frost damage.
The effect lasts 20-30 seconds, depending on the strength of the enemy: where a bandit will be frozen for 30 seconds, a giant will be frozen for 20 seconds. Weaker creatures like Deer will simply die by the frost damage before the effect wears off. This effect will not freeze Dragons or Mammoths, but causes some frost damage.
The Greybeards use a slightly upgraded version of the Ice Form shout. The active effects are as follows:
- Ice Form: 1 min.
- Generic Frost Damage: +2 Generic Frost Damage for 1 min.
BUT the damage and the duration is actually the same as player's three words Ice Form shout.
- If an enemy encased in ice is struck by an attack, the ice shatters, allowing them to recover. This Shout can be used to take one or more enemies out of the fight temporarily, or to gain a few free attacks before they can recover.
- Ice Form is one of the main shouts the Greybeards will use if they are attacked.
- If you attack one of the Greybeards when they are in the tower in their courtyard and jump of the edge towards the edge of the mountain, it is possible to become encased in ice and fall down to the Stormcloak Camp below and survive because no fall damage is taken while encased in ice.
- Using Ice Form can help you pickpocket items that have 0% possibility to take normally. Pickpocket the victim just as he/she is free from the ice form (ice just breaks). Works even on NPC that train you to upgrade skills after you paid them.
- Sometimes when freezing an enemy they will still talk (freezing the Greybeards while they teach you whirlwind sprint is a perfect example)
- This shout is effective against enemies who are on high unreachable places. Because once frozen, the enemy will fall down off the high place and become a frozen dummy.
- You can freeze 2 or more people who are in the range of the shout.
- This shout releases the torture victims in the Dawnstar Sanctuary.
- With the ability Dragonborn Frost, the shout Frost Breath can be used as a more powerful version of this shout, as the enemy frozen doesn't thaw in one hit.
Locations: Frostmere Crypt, Mount Anthor, and Saarthal
|HET NOK KOPRaaN DO|
IGLIF iiZ-SOS WO GRIND OK OBLaaN
NI KO MOROKei VUKeIN NUZ ahST
MUNAX HaaLVUT DO LiiV KRASaaR
|Here lies (the) body of|
Iglif Ice-Blood who met his end
not in glorious combat, but at
(the) cruel touch of (the) withering sickness
|NONVUL BRON DahMaaN DaaR ROT DO|
FIN FODiiZ BORMah-ORIN PRUZaaN DWiiN
aaL KREH ahRK KREN NUZ SLEN DO
VahZah MUZ LOS SINDUGahVON
|Noble Nords remember these words of|
the hoar father: Even best steel
may bend and break, but flesh of
true men is unyielding.
|SIGRuuF WahLaaN QETHSEGOL BRiiNahii|
VahRUKT LANAL WEN BRIT LUFT LOS OL
KINZON ahRK SOT OL NUS DWiiROK
NOL NahLaaS OZINVey
|Sigruuf raised (this) stone for his sister's|
memory, Lanal, whose beautiful face was as
sharp and white as a statue carved
from living ivory.
- If you attack the Greybeards or Ulfric Stormcloak and they decide to use Ice Form, if you have a bow equipped, once you get back up, the bow will be "un-equipped" but you can still "nock" an arrow as if the bow is still equipped.
- If you use this shout on an enemy, who is positioned on a mountain slope, or if you use it on a Cave Bear that is leaping at you, they will start flying through the air, in spiraling motions. They will eventually plummet to the ground. The same thing is possible for the Dragonborn and their followers.
- When battling moving enemies, if your character uses the Ice Form shout on a fast approaching enemy, such as a wolf, the enemy will shoot past the screen and land far from your character.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)
- The Official Game Guide : The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
| Animal Allegiance • Aura Whisper • Become Ethereal • Call Dragon • Call of Valor • Clear Skies • Disarm • Dismay |
Dragonrend • Elemental Fury • Fire Breath • Frost Breath • Ice Form • Kyne's Peace • Marked For Death • Slow Time
Storm Call • Throw Voice • Unrelenting Force • Whirlwind Sprint
|Drain Vitality • Soul Tear • Summon Durnehviir|
|Battle Fury • Bend Will • Cyclone • Dragon Aspect|
|Amulet of Talos • Dragon Alphabet • Dragon Language • Shrine of Talos • Tongues • Word Wall|