Natives of the civilized, cosmopolitan province of Cyrodiil, the Imperials are well-educated, and well-spoken. Imperials are also known for the discipline, and training of their citizen armies. With this, the Imperials have dominated Tamriel for more then 2000 years.
Biology and culture
Though physically less imposing than the other races, the Imperials have proved to be shrewd diplomats and traders, and these traits, along with their remarkable skill and training as light infantry, have enabled them to subdue all the other nations and races, and to have erected the monument to peace and prosperity that comprises the Empire.
This may make the starting spells more important than in the past games as the only way to learn additional spells is to find Spell Tomes or buy them from merchants. The Flames spell, which when cast produces a continuous stream of fire, is a starting spell for all races.
- Voice of the Emperor : Calms nearby people for 60 seconds.
- Imperial Luck: Anywhere gold might be found, Imperials always seem to find a few more.
Due to their broad skill set, Imperials are ideal for beginners. Their versatility also leaves them highly customizable and efficient at cross-classes, such as Battlemages and Mage-Thieves. Their Voice of the Emperor ability allows them calm humanoid targets, allowing the player to run, prepare themselves for when the spell eventually wears off and hostilities resume or for skilled assassins, to sneak attack and kill all affected targets.
- Imperial NPCs often have Latin names. Examples include, Sorex Vinius, Tullius, Camilla Valerius, Marcurio, etc., keeping with the overall Roman characteristics. However, starting with Skyrim, some Imperial names start to sound more Italian than Latin such as Viola Giordano or Vittoria Vici, reflecting the inevitable changes in language as time flows.
- Skills - Skills in Skyrim.
- Spells - Spells in The Elder Scrolls Universe.
- Race - Races in Skyrim.
- Perks - Perks in Skyrim.
|Races in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
|Humans||Breton • Imperial • Nord • Redguard|
|Mer||Altmer • Bosmer • Dunmer • Orc|
|Beast||Argonian • Khajiit|