| Base Damage:|
| Base Value:|
|Class: One-Handed, Sword|
|Upgrade Material: Steel Ingot|
|Perk: Steel Smithing|
It seems to vaguely resemble the historical Roman Gladius Hispaniensis, (or "Spanish Sword") which was the primary weapon of the Roman Legions until the 3rd Century A.D., a reference the Greco-Roman traits shown by the Empire throughout the series, especially after The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind onwards. The Imperial symbol is carved into the hilt.
- On Corrupted Shades at Meridia's Shrine, during The Break of Dawn.
- Can be stolen from the armory in Castle Dour in Solitude.
- Two can be found in Whitewatch Tower on the weapon rack.
- Two can be found in Fort Greymoor, on the Weapon Rack.
- Any Imperial camp contains 5-8 imperials who all wield a sword.
- The Abandoned Prison
- The damage and weight are identical to the Steel Sword, the only difference being its appearance and value.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)