- Use the backdoor to gain access to Treva's Watch.
- Use the lever to open the gate to Treva's Watch.
- Meet up with Stalleo in the courtyard.
It is possible to enter the fort by simply jumping on the rocks it is built into, without having to start the quest to enter the fort and kill the bandits within. However, this does not affect the quest and it can still be accepted. In other words, bandits located inside the fort have no connection to the quest and the quest can still be completed after Treva's Watch has been cleared.
Upon receiving the quest from Stalleo, the Dragonborn will be asked to enter the escape tunnel. When inside, there is a staircase with three bandits stationed at the top and a fourth to the right. The quickest way to kill these is to use the Unrelenting Force shout on the three enemies at the top of the staircase into an explosive pot hanging from the ceiling. This will spread oil all over the floor at the top of the stairs, and the Dragonborn simply sets fire to the oil, thus making the bandits catch fire. Note that there is an area to the right of the stairs with two chests.
Continue following the tunnel and be wary of the bear trap awaiting upon leaving the area just fought in. After climbing another flight of stairs, the Dragonborn will find a bandit hammering away at an anvil. If the Dragonborn is of a high enough level, he or she should sneak up on the bandit and backstab him (which should result in a one hit kill). If interested in smithing, note that there are iron ingots directly opposite the anvil.
In the other room in this area, there are two dead Nords and an Imperial Soldier. As an aside; they are suspected to be Stalleo's family but this is never confirmed. After completing the quest, Stalleo asks "Did you see my family inside?," to which the only reply available is "No, I didn't." Stalleo then states that he will take a short respite before continuing "the search."
Enter through the door in the area and continue forwards up yet another staircase. Be wary of the two bear traps directly after entering the new corridor, as activating either trap will alert the two bandits at the top of the stairs. However, if quick enough, the Dragonborn can activate these once again and simply wait for the first bandit to die by standing on them. Quickly kill the second bandit and continue on.
The next area is full of bandits (seven to be exact) which includes the bandit chief, who has a battleaxe of some sort. Either try to avoid the chief's lunges and make quick work of the other bandits in there before targeting the chief, or kill him first before the other enemies. Once all the bandits have been killed, pick the lock of the door (adept) in front of the sleeping quarters and search the chest in there. After this, follow the tunnel around once more. Note that there is a bookshelf of various weapons and armor before turning right in the tunnel. After turning right, enter the room on the left to find a Bound Sword spell tome.
Head through the dining area and follow the tunnel around to a closed wooden door. Open it and turn left. Be wary of the trap on the floor that activates a spike filled gate to swing round the corner.
Once again, follow the tunnel and one will soon come to a large staircase to the right and another tunnel that continues onwards. The Dragonborn can either take the forward tunnel and clear out the dungeon to the left before taking the staircase to avoid being attacked from behind or just climb the staircase killing the enemies along the way and search the room at the top to find a Courage spell tome and a Twin Secrets skill book. Whichever method chosen, the tunnel leads to the way out. However, before exiting to Skyrim, note that there is a chest at the far end of this tunnel but be wary of two traps along the way.
Depending on whether or not the Dragonborn has cleared out the fort before activating the quest, he or she will either have several enemies to kill or he or she will simply just be able to activate the lever directly in front when leaving the tunnels. Bear in mind that it is possible to still activate the lever to open the gate regardless of whether there are enemies or not, after which Stalleo and his bodyguards will render aid in fighting the bandits.
To complete the quest, talk to Stalleo in the courtyard and receive a Detect Life spell tome as a reward.
|Infiltration – dunTrevasWatchQST|
|10||I must find a way to reach the gate lever on the inside of Treva's Watch.
|20||I must find a way to reach the gate lever on the inside of Treva's Watch.
|60||I've opened the front gate, I should return to Stalleo for my reward.
|100||I have discovered a back way into Treva's watch and was able to open the main gate from the other side.
This section contains bugs related to Infiltration (Skyrim). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- trap causes the gate to disappear when swinging round the corner and then reappear in a position that poses no danger to the player. Activating the swinging spiked gate
- If approached as a werewolf Stalleo and his bodyguards remain passive. Attacking him or his bodyguards does nothing, they merely stand up and claim to be on the player's side. Both bodyguards can be killed and eaten without affecting the quest at all. He will still give the quest and follow it normally, even if you attacked him and/or his bodyguards while a werewolf.
- Quest stages will not be marked as completed. Completing the quest will move the quest to the inactive, completed quests portion of the journal but the individual stages will still be marked as incomplete.
- Bear traps will reset themselves upon area transition, even after the area has been cleared of enemies.
- It is possible that an Imperial Courier can inexplicably enter the keep interior once it has been cleared, even if the courtyard is still populated with enemies and the gate is locked. This can happen if the PC waits for several hours in the keep interior.
- Dropping a weapon while sneaking may cause a Silver Hand to run up to the dropped weapon, pick it up, return it to the player character and say, "You should be more careful about leaving things lying around," before handing it back to you and running off (confirmed with Orcish Mace), and also if you drop armour, a bandit will come up to you and ask if he may have it.
- If Stalleo dies while trying to defeat the bandits, the quest cannot be completed, and remains in the quest journal permanently.
- Stalleo can be found dead and the quest cannot be completed.
- Sometimes after you clear the fort, Stalleo will not give the speech options to continue. This can be fixed by throwing the lever back and forth.
- Treva's keep can be accessed by jumping up debris next to the main gate, meaning the player does not have to go through the inside of the keep at all to get to the lever. If all the bandits are cleared out of the keep prior to meeting Stalleo, the player simply has to go back inside the escape tunnel from the correct entrance, then come out, walk inside Treva's keep and pull the lever to the open position again to complete the quest.