Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Can invest 500 gold with a shopkeeper to increase their available gold permanently.
Investor is a perk that becomes available when the Dragonborn reaches 70 in the Speech skill. Using this perk allows the Dragonborn to invest 500 in certain shops and merchants. The effect is that the shops in which the Dragonborn has invested will have 500 more with which to barter.
The Dragonborn may also invest in the shop that their spouse owns.
As a general rule, each shop can only be invested in once, though there are some exceptions (read below).
- Speech level of 70
Shops & traders available to invest inEdit
- In a unique case, Lucan Valerius in the Riverwood Trader will have a sum of 10,000 or more. Patch 1.9 "fixed" this exploit; after installing this patch, Lucan will only have 1,250 gold after you invest in his business.
- Master Trader mostly redundant. Since this technique does not increase a merchant's available funds, inventory items that are, by themselves, more expensive than a merchant's total funds will still not be able to be sold. In order to avoid too many 'Days Passed/Hours Waited/Slept', any Merchant's funds can be restocked by restarting the game (must exit to the PS start screen, not the game's title screen), then selecting "Continue". This renders this perk as well as
- It is possible to cause a merchant to restock everything (including funds) by saving the game, then simply hitting the merchant, and then reloading. This works without the perk.
- It is possible to preserve this perk's benefits after making the Speech skill legendary (after installing patch 1.9). This can be done by getting the investor perk, investing in every available merchant, increase speech skill to 100 and converting the speech skill to Legendary. Despite returning all perk points, the investments remain and merchants will have more money available. This also works with the Master Trader perk which together with investor will give most merchants approximately 2,500 coin making it much easier to level speech back to 100.
This section contains bugs related to Investor. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- merchants listed below can be invested on indefinitely, but they might not restock more than 500 . The
- Sometimes the Dragonborn may be unable to invest in his/her spouse.
- Ghorza gra-Bagol (blacksmith in Markarth) will agree to allow the Dragonborn to invest, but then the dialog for them to do so may only show the back-out option.
- the Drunken Huntsman. The Dragonborn may be unable to invest in