She is skilled in One-Handed, Heavy Armor and Block.
- As with some other Followers, like Marcurio, she will use weapons that best deal with the enemy the Dragonborn encounters; for example, she will use the Staff of Repulsion or the Grand Staff of Repulsion against undead.
- She seems to prefer using daggers above other One-Handed weapons given to her, even if they have a higher damage rating (e.g. Dragonbone Dagger w/ 109 dmg. > Dragonbone War Axe w/ 194 dmg.), however that is not always the case.
- While her dialogue as a spouse is identical to the others, Iona's delivery is rather stark, almost forced.
- If one kills a chicken in the garden at Honeyside, she may attack upon entering Honeyside because she is appointed to protect the property. If she is a follower, she may leave the Dragonborn's service immediately and attack.
- If Iona dies, a courier will soon appear and give a letter of inheritance and some gold (minus the Jarl's tax) to the Dragonborn.
- Unlike other Housecarls, who greet the player character with reverence, Iona fairly shouts her greetings to the player.
This section contains bugs related to Iona. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- It is possible that upon completion of the full Meridia quest: The Break of Dawn with Iona, she will disappear. She does not return to Honeyside even after many days. As the Dragonborn cannot release a follower who is not present, she cannot be replaced with another follower and a reload is necessary.
- It is possible to use the console to move her back to the Dragonborn, first using "prid 000A2C93" then "moveto player" (confirmation needed).
- Thane of Riften, Iona may simply never appear. On the PC, this bug occurs when the Jarl's speech stops before she names Iona the Dragonborn's housecarl.
After the Dragonborn becomes a
- Use the console command player.placeatme <BaseID> <#> to create an Iona in front of the Dragonborn. She will act as if spawned by the game as normal.
- Within the Hearthfire DLC, if the Dragonborn appoints Iona as steward, she may disappear entirely from the game.