Irene is rather aggressive and tends to be a bit blunt, as her training suggests. The head of the Anvil Fighters Guild, Azzan, will bring her up as a possible teacher for advanced training. He says that stories say she was known for killing in ways nobody had seen, and that one place one could find her is in prison or the Imperial City. Christophe Marane, another possible reference for training, will note that Irene was bad, but apparently atoned for her crimes and is the person to talk to if one wants to "do as much damage as possible with an axe or a hammer."
Despite being aggressive, she is open with people she has a high Disposition with. If asked about the city, she will point out trainers Ida Vlinorman, Mandil, Samuel Bantien, and Othrelos as the "right people to know."
After reaching a skill of 70 in blunt weapons, speaking with either Azzan or Christophe about further training will lead to Irene. Speaking with her prior to fulfilling her requirements will amuse her, and she will only train those who she see's as her equals. She will accept those who have killed fifty people for training.
- "I'm Irene Metrick. If you needed to know more, you'd already know."
- "To know the right things, you have to know the right people. Ida Vlinorman, Mandil, Samuel Bantien, and Othrelos are the right people." —When spoken to with a disposition above fifty about the imperial city.
- Training? From me? Ha ha, you must be joking! How many people have you killed in your lifetime, eh? Not as many as I, my little friend. When we're equals, you might interest me." —When asked for training
- "If you've killed fifty people, it's still not enough for my tastes, but I might reconsider at that point."
- "You've got quite a past, don't you? Left some bloody trails? You tell yourself they all deserved it, right? Ha, ha. With a body count like that on your head, you're my kind of person. You want training? Fine by me. Be sure and put it to good use." —After she agrees to train.