Iron Armor is a set of heavy armor that appears in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The most basic form of heavy armor, both in cost and protection, Iron Armor is very common and can be found throughout Skyrim from the beginning of the game. It is also the armor worn by the Dragonborn in the Skyrim Official Trailer.
Enchanted and unenchanted variants begin to appear throughout Skyrim at level 1. These locations include:
- Blacksmiths and general goods merchants.
- Found as random loot in chests or as a world item.
- Worn by bandits.
- An entire set can be found in Riverwood. The shield, gauntlets, boots, and chest piece are located inside Alvor and Sigrid's House.
- Parts of Iron Armor, such as the shield and helmet, can be found in Helgen Keep - the shield is in the torture chamber, while the helmet is in the caves just before the encounter with the bear, next to a wagon.
Banded Iron is a variant that is slightly stronger than standard Iron Armor and has a different style. There are only two pieces of this armor: Banded Iron Armor and the Banded Iron Shield. Both can be improved using corundum ingots rather than Iron Ingots.
Ancient Nord ArmorEdit
Ancient Nord Armor is a variant of the Iron Armor set and has identical base attributes, however it benefits from the Daedric Smithing perk, which vastly increases its armor rating when improved, making it comparable with some of the higher tier armors. It does not include a shield as part of the set.
Attributes by pieceEdit
|Piece||Leather Strips||Iron Ingot||ID|
|Total (with shield)||80||58||295||10||17||–|
|Total (without shield)||60||46||235||9||13||–|
|Piece||Leather Strips||Iron Ingot||Corundum Ingot||ID|
|Banded Iron Armor||28||35||200||3||5||1||00013948|
|Banded Iron Shield||22||12||100||1||4||1||0001394B|
|Total (with shield)||85||63||410||10||17||2||–|
|Total (without shield)||63||51||310||9||13||1||–|
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim