| Base Damage:|
| Base Value:|
|Class: One Handed, Dagger|
|Upgrade Material: Iron Ingot|
Both enchanted and unenchanted daggers are available throughout Skyrim from level 1. These locations include:
- Blacksmiths, and general goods merchants.
- Wielded by various characters, or enemies.
- Found as random loot in chests, or as a world item throughout Skyrim.
It can be upgraded with an Iron Ingot at a grindstone; however, it does not benefit from any of the smithing perks.
- Whenever something is pinned to a table or wall, such as notes or books, it is usually with an iron dagger.
- Iron daggers can sometimes be found on tables with food, which implies that it is used to eat with.
- Iron daggers have the weakest base damage of any weapon other than forks, knives, practice arrows, Wooden Sword, and ghost sword.
- A Fine Iron dagger can be obtained for free very early in the game by talking to Alvor and requesting to work with his forge.
- The Dragonborn can give iron daggers to their children, if the Hearthfire DLC is installed.