| Base Damage:|
| Base Value:|
|Class: One Handed, Dagger|
|Upgrade Material: Iron Ingot|
The Iron Dagger is a one-handed weapon that appears in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It is one of the most common weapons available throughout Skyrim , and among the first weapons to which the Dragonborn has access.
The vast majority of Skyrim's civilian population wield iron daggers.
Both enchanted and unenchanted daggers are available throughout Skyrim from level 1. These locations include:
- Blacksmiths, and general goods merchants.
- Wielded by various character, or enemies.
- Found as random loot in chests, or as a world item throughout Skyrim.
It can be upgraded with an Iron Ingot at a grindstone; however, it does not benefit from any of the smithing perks.
- Whenever something is pinned to a table or wall, such as notes or books, it is usually with an iron dagger.
- Iron daggers can sometimes be found on tables with food, which implies that they might be used to eat with.
- Iron daggers have the weakest base damage of any weapon other than forks, knives, practice arrows, wooden sword and ghost sword.
- A fine iron dagger can be obtained for free very early in the game by talking to Alvor and requesting to work with his forge.
- The Dragonborn can give iron daggers to their children, if the Hearthfire DLC is installed.
- The Dragonborn uses an iron dagger in the animation following the activation of a tanning rack.
- To activate the Blood Seal in the quest Alduin's Wall, the Dragonborn cuts their hand with an iron dagger.
- An iron dagger can be found in any area where the Black Sacrament has been performed.