|Class: Heavy Armor, Helmet|
|Upgrade Material: Iron Ingot|
The horns on the sides of the helmet appear differently depending on gender. As a male, the horns are quite short and are slightly curved inwards, however on a female they will turn more upwards and appear much more curved.
In addition, the horns on the helmet appear differently yet again if the helmet is viewed as a world item. They will appear longer and drop down much more than the previous two types.
- Blacksmiths and General Goods Merchants.
- Found as random loot in chests or as a world item.
- Worn by Bandits.
- Can be found just before the Bear encounter during Unbound, next to a cart after crossing a small stream.
This means the armor cannot be improved past flawless quality without boosting the Smithing skill over 100. This can be achieved by using enchanted items and/or blacksmithing potions to Fortify Smithing.
- The Iron Helmet is worn by the Dragonborn in all pre-release trailers and artwork for the game, making it somewhat of a signature piece of armor for the main character.
- The Iron Helmet is a hat available in Team Fortress 2, but with a different name: The Dragonborn Helmet. It can only be worn by the Heavy class and was given to people who pre-purchased The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim through Steam.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)