| Base Damage:|
| Base Value:|
|Class: One-Handed, Sword|
|Upgrade Material: Iron Ingot|
The Iron Sword is a One-Handed weapon that appears in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It is among the most common and weakest of all weapons available, and is one of the first weapons the Dragonborn has access to.
Both enchanted and unenchanted swords are available throughout Skyrim at level 1. These locations include:
- Blacksmiths and general goods merchants.
- Wielded by various characters or enemies.
- Found as random loot in chests or as a world item throughout Skyrim.
- Can be pickpocketed from certain characters.
It can be upgraded with an Iron Ingot at a grindstone, however it does not benefit from any smithing perks.
- The Hold guards tend to say "Iron sword, eh? What are you fighting, butterflies?", " That iron sword's pretty undependable. You should try steel", or "Pigsticker like that's not going to get you far. Best visit the blacksmith." with an iron sword equipped.
- The Iron Sword is the first weapon the Dragonborn can pick up if Hadvar is followed. It is found in the room where the Dragonborn's bindings are removed.
- In Ysgramor's Tomb, a broken iron sword can be found.