|Skill Level||Adept (50)|
|Effect||Improves caster's armor rating by 80 points for 60 seconds|
Ironflesh is an Adept-level Alteration spell available in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. When cast, the spell improves the caster's armor rating by 80 points for 60 seconds. Ironflesh is the third strongest Mage Armor spell, ranking above Stoneflesh and below Ebonyflesh.
- With the perk Mage Armor, the effects of Ironflesh are doubled, raising the caster's armor rating to 160 points for 60 seconds.
- When used in conjunction with Lightning Cloak or another cloak spell, Ironflesh allows the caster to deal out large amounts of damage at melee range without taking much damage.
- Morokei uses this spell while he battles during the quest The Staff of Magnus.
- Faralda uses this spell when she and the Dragonborn defend Winterhold against the Magic Anomalies summoned by Ancano.
- Weight: 1
- Value: 341
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
- The book may be on a table in the first room of Labyrinthian, which may be accessed as part of the Staff of Magnus Quest; however, the specific spell book is random, so another book may be in its place.
- Tolfdir sells this spell once the Dragonborn's Alteration skill reaches level 50.
- This spell may be used to increase the alteration skill by casting it in the presence of an enemy (combat not required).
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)
| Candlelight • Detect Dead • Detect Life • Dragonhide • Ebonyflesh • Equilibrium • Magelight • Mass Paralysis • Oakflesh |
Paralyze • Ironflesh • Stoneflesh • Telekinesis • Transmute Mineral Ore • Waterbreathing
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Alteration Ritual Spell • Mage Armor • Magicka • Perks • Magic • The College of Winterhold • Alteration trainers|