Artaeum is the third largest island in the Summerset archipelago, located south of the Moridunon village of Potansa and west of the mainland village of Runcibae. It is best known for being the home to the Psijic Order, perhaps the oldest monastic group in Tamriel, who are capable of changing the island's location or even making it "intangible."
Around the end of the First Era, at about the time of the founding of the Mages Guild in Tamriel, the isle disappeared entirely, only to reappear 500 years later. Members of the Order who were thought to have died when it vanished reappeared as well, refusing to reveal where Artaeum had been during its time away.[OOG 1]
During the events of The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset, Artaeum is in a physically ambiguous location.[OOG 2] According to Oriandra, a member of the Order during the Second Era, the Psijic Order sent Artaeum away from Tamriel to "better promote meditative study and contemplation."
Artaeum is said to have idyllic orchards and pastures, the still and silent lagoons, the misty woodlands, and the unique Psijic architecture that seems to be as natural but wondrous as the surroundings. The Ceporah Tower, a structure built by a civilization several hundred years before the Altmer, is one of Artaeum's more prominent features.
- Ceporah Tower
- Artaeum Craftworks
- College of Psijic Ruins
- Colosseum of the Old Ways
- Nicrythe Tower
- Statue of Syrabane
- Traitor's Vault
- Arch-Mage Savos Aren of the College of Winterhold claims that he was but an Apprentice when last a member came to the college from Artaeum, approximately 100 years before the Civil War in Skyrim.
- Iachesis notes in 2920, Rain's Hand that Artaeum will be "leaving in the next few years, and return when the land needs us again, perhaps in another age."
- An Elder Scrolls Novel: The Infernal City
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls Online (Mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls: Legends (Mentioned only)
|Lore Summerset Isles Locations|
|Cities||Alinor • Cloudrest • Dusk • Firsthold • Lillandril • Shimmerene • Skywatch • Sunhold • Vulkhel Guard|
|Regions||Artaeum • Auridon • Eyevea • Isle of Summerset|
|Landmarks||Castle Rilis • Ceporah Tower • College of Sapiarchs • Crystal Tower • Direnni Acropolis • Ebon Stadmont • Errinorne Isle • Eton Nir • Glister Vale • Great Orrery • Karnwasten • Rellenthil • Tanzelwil • The Dreaming Cave • Wasten Coridale|