Items in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, are objects that, once collected, are added to the inventory. Upon collection, items are sorted into specific categories, to help organize them and distinguish them from others.
- Weapons - necessary for defense as well as offense; follow the link for a complete list.
- Apparel - Includes armor, shields, jewelry, and daily clothing.
- Potions - consumable potions that have mostly positive effects on the player and poisons that have mostly negative effects on enemies.
- Scrolls - a magical document that will cast the named spell when activated.
- Food - an item that may be eaten to improve health, magicka, or as an alchemy ingredient.
- Ingredients - items collected mostly from plants and animals for use in creating potions.
- Books - includes most written material.
- Keys - Some eliminate the need to pick locks on the chests in the immediate area.
- Miscellaneous - includes the following: