Items in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, objects that, once collected, are added to the inventory. Upon collection, items are sorted into specific categories, to help organize them and distinguish them from others. All items can be added to a list of "Favorites" that function like a hot-key system. Once an item has been made a "Favorite," it is listed in both the Favorites category and its original category.
Button required for "Favorites"Edit
- - Up on D-pad
- - Up on D-Pad
- - F, or Q
- Weapons - necessary for defense as well as offense; follow the link for a complete list
- Apparel - Includes armor, shields, jewelry, and daily clothing.
- Potions - consumable potions that have mostly positive effects on the player and poisons that have mostly negative effects on enemies.
- Scrolls - a magical document that will cast the named spell when activated
- Food - an item that may be eaten to improve health, stamina, or magicka
- Ingredients - items collected mostly from plants and animals for use in creating potions
- Books - includes most written material
- Keys - Some eliminate the need to pick locks on the chests in the immediate area.
- Miscellaneous - includes the following: