|Location||East of Riverwood|
Ivarstead is a moderately sized community in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It's located far west from Shor's Stone and north-west from Riften. It serves as a rest stop for pilgrims before they make the journey up the Seven Thousand Steps to High Hrothgar.
- Bassianus Axius
- Lynly Star-Sung
- Temba Wide-Arm
- Ivarstead Guard, (one of the few towns outside of Hold capitals to have their own guards).
Points of interestEdit
- Vilemyr Inn
- Fellstar Farm
- Klimmek's House
- Temba Wide-Arm's Mill
- Narfi's Ruined House
- Shroud Hearth Barrow, (not marked)
|Climb The Steps||Speak to Klimmek and agree to deliver some goods and supplies to High Hrothgar||Klimmek||Klimmek's House|
|Investigate Shroud Hearth Barrow||Speak to the innkeeper Wilhelm at Vilemyr Inn||Wilhelm||Vilemyr Inn|
|The Straw that Broke||Find out what's bothering Narfi||Wilhelm||Vilemyr Inn|
|Bounty Quests||Get paid to slay a Dragon or kill a Bandit Chief||Wilhelm||Vilemyr Inn|
|Grin and Bear It||Collect 10 Bear Pelts for Temba Wide-Arm||Temba Wide-Arm||Vilemyr Inn|
|Woodcutting||Get paid to chop firewood||Temba Wide-Arm||Vilemyr Inn|
|Way of the Voice||Pass through Ivarstead on your way to High Hrothgar||Jarl Balgruuf the Greater||Dragonsreach|
|The Book of Love||Help Fastred persuade her parents to allow her to move with her lover to Riften or convince Klimmek to show his love for her.||Dinya Balu||Temple of Mara in Riften|
|Contract: Kill Narfi||Kill poor Narfi in Ivarstead.||Nazir||Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary|
|Discover Svidi's Wherabouts||Locate Sibbi Black-Briar's ex-fiancee - so he can kill her.||Sibbi Black-Briar||Riften Jail|
|Retrieve Wylandriah missing items||Wylandriah||Mistveil Keep|
|Smuggler's Run||Deliver a smuggled Black-Briar Mead Keg to Wilhelm in Ivarstead.||Romlyn Dreth||Black-Briar Meadery|
- If the player has started the Alduin's Bane quest and heads down to Ivarstead without defeating Alduin, the player will still be able to hear Paarthurnax's dialogue and see Alduin flying around the mountaintop.
- A Nirnroot can also be found just west of Vilemyr Inn by the riverside.
- Ivarstead is based off the Norse name Ivar. The name means taxus and warrior.
- A Troll's lair is nearby, in the direction of Riften, with two dead Stormcloaks carrying a note about investigating mysterious attacks.
- If Hearthfire is installed, you can find one clay deposit southeast of Narfi's broken down house and one stone quarry west of it.
- All of the NPC's in Ivarstead may be duplicated, and, every time one is killed, they respawn the next time the location is loaded. There will always be two of every citizen.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)