|Joining the legion|
|Have an image that helps illustrate this quest?|
Then please upload it!
For more information please consult our image policies
|Next Quest||The Jagged Crown|
|Reward||Choice of Legion Armor|
The player can get the quest to join the Imperial Legion if they choose to follow Hadvar during the tutorial quest. Before entering Helgen Keep, the player may choose to enter with either Ralof or Hadvar. If entering with Hadvar, the player automatically receives the quest, after leaving the keep. The player can also get the quest by entering an Imperial camp, such as the Pale Imperial Camp, or encountering a group of Imperial soldiers, where the player will be invited to join the Imperial legion and directed to Solitude.
Once you get to Solitude there will be stairs leading you to the upper part of the city. The building you must enter is covered in flags with The Legion insignia. There will always be guards at the door you must go through. Enter the door and speak to General Tullius. He will then direct you to Legate Rikke, who is usually by the war table. She will then say you must clear out Fort Hraggstad which has been taken over by bandits.
Once the fort is clear you must report back to Rikke, and then speak with General Tullius as to begin the oath. After the oath is taken Tullius will direct you to the blacksmith where you will get your armor which is your choice of Light, Medium, (which consists of light, and heavy.) or Heavy.
- By completing this quest you immediately fail Joining the Stormcloaks quest.
- However you can still join the Stormcloaks, but you have to turn in the Jagged Crown to Ulfric Stormcloak instead of giving it to General Tullius during the quest The Jagged Crown.
- If you enter the castle wearing full stormcloak armor, Tullius and his guards will have alternate dialogue when speaking to them. This can sometimes cause them to attack if you've killed any guards or imperial troops within the past 3 days.
- You are not given anything in the way of weapons, however you can go into the Castle Dour basment and steal some of the Imperial weapons, like the Imperial Bow, Imperial sword, etc.
- There is currently a bug where sometimes the quest target for the fort does not appear. The only solution found is to type "setstage CW01A 100" (Minus the quotation marks) into the console.
- Stealing from the armoury in the castle may lead to a glitch where everyone can see you, even if you're hidden. This can be very bad as General Tullius is unkillable.
- If you have already cleared out Fort Hraggstad before starting this quest, when you arrive at the fort, there may not be any directional arrows telling you where to go or who to kill. Just enter the main door to the fort and the directional arrows should appear. If not just kill everyone on the inside, including in the prison.
- Using fast travel back to Solitude may send you back to your last save, so be sure to save right once you've cleared the fort.
- Occasionally during the Imperial Legion quest "Joining the Legion" the map icon for Fort Hraggstad will not have "cleared" under it, even if you have killed everyone in the fort. This prevents you from continuing the Civil War questline, unless you decide to join the Stormcloaks instead.