Jon Hawker is friendly when encountered, requesting aid to escape his imprisonment. He will tell of being a trader who was attacked and taken prisoner to be sold as a slave. He requests help in the form a Divine Intervention scroll. Giving him the scroll will result in the following reward:
He will not be encountered again after this.
- Praise the Nine! Have you come to my rescue? I was seeking trade oppurtunities with the Ashlanders whe I was attacked by outcast outlanders. I was seprarated from my bodyguard, and rook refuge in this cave, where I was seized, robbed, and held by this battlemage, Galmis Dren, to be sold as a slave. I prayed to Zenithar for Divine Intervention. You must have been sent in answer to my prayers.
- Lucky for me you came prepared -- not just for yourself, but for others. Don't worry about my stuff -- it wasn't worth anything. I just want out of here. Give me that scroll, and I'm free.
- Give Divine Intervention scroll.
- Keep Divine Intervention scroll.
- Thank you, friend. And goodbye. But before I go, let me give you a gift. They took everything, but I managed to keep these gloves hidden. I've always been found of them, and their maker. Wear them in good health, and in remembrance of me.
- While not directly related to this quest, he is encountered in the process of completing the quest. Upon returning and speaking with Lalatia Varian, she will be surprised about the encounter and surmise that he was the avatar of the god Zenithar.