|Services||Sells Windhelm House and Upgrades,
Gives bounty quests
He is proud to serve Ulfric, but if the player completes the Imperial Storyline, sometimes he mentions that he will never miss Ulfric's fiery temper. Once Fort Neugrad has captured for the Stormcloaks in the Civil War, the Dragonborn can buy the house, Hjerim, for 12,000 Gold, although he will accept 8,000 or more, and he also hands out the Windhelm Home Decorating Guide.
He is essential in the quest Blood on the Ice, as the guards will only let the Dragonborn investigate if Jorleif permits it. According to the Skyrim Strategy Guide, Jorleif is supposed to be replaced by Captain Lonely-Gale as steward once Windhelm has fallen to Imperial control, although this never happens.
- "Serving as Steward to Ulfric Stormcloak was a great honor, but I don't miss his temper." (If player killed Ulfric)
- "I don't care that we lost, I'm just glad the war is over." (If Imperials won war)
- "The Stormcloaks are finding victory across the land."
- "I'm not much of a strategist, but Lord Ulfric listens to my counsel all the same."
- "He seems to value my counsel, and I'm grateful for that."
- "Travel safely. It's dangerous out there."
- - Sometimes, if you talk to him, all he will say is "If you're planning violence against me or mine, you'll regret it." So far, there is no way to fix this and is only confirmed on the Xbox360
- Sometimes Jorleif can be found lying on the floor(and still fully functional), and won't get up.
- If you talk to Jorleif before completing Blood On Ice quest there will be no option for the house.
- The option to buy and upgrade the house will not be in the speech list. This only happens in the same sitting as killing Ulfric. Saving and resetting the game will fix this.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)