|Services||Sells Hjerim and upgrades, gives bounty quests|
He is proud to serve Ulfric, but if the Dragonborn sided with the Imperials in the Civil War, he mentions that he will never miss Ulfric's fiery temper. Once Fort Neugrad has been captured for the Stormcloaks in the Civil War, the Dragonborn can buy the house, Hjerim, for 12,000 , although he will accept 8,000or more, and he also hands out the Windhelm Home Decorating Guide.
He is essential in the quest Blood on the Ice, as the guards will only let the Dragonborn investigate if Jorleif permits it. According to the Skyrim Strategy Guide, Jorleif is supposed to be replaced by Captain Lonely-Gale as steward once Windhelm has fallen to Imperial control, but this never happens.
- Blood on the Ice.
- Talking to Jorlief can start miscellaneous Bounty Quests. This can be done infinitely.
- "Serving as Steward to Ulfric Stormcloak was a great honor, but I don't miss his temper." (If the Dragonborn killed Ulfric as part of the Imperial Legion side of the Civil War)
- "I don't care that we lost, I'm just glad the war is over." (If Imperials won war)
- "The Stormcloaks are finding victory across the land."
- "I'm not much of a strategist, but Lord Ulfric listens to my counsel all the same."
- "He seems to value my counsel, and I'm grateful for that."
- "Travel safely. It's dangerous out there."
- "I don't like talking to someone who holds their honor so cheaply."
This section contains bugs related to Jorleif. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- - Sometimes if he is talked to, all he will say is "If you're planning violence against me or mine, you'll regret it." So far, there is no way to fix this and is only confirmed on the .
- Sometimes Jorleif can be found lying on the floor. He is still fully functional, but won't get up.
- If Jorleif is talked to before completing the Blood On Ice quest, there will be no option to acquire the house.
- The option to buy and upgrade the house may not be in the speech list. This only happens in the same sitting as killing Ulfric. Saving and resetting the game will fix this. There may be a situation in which this does not immediately work but it has happened that after resetting the system cache and completing the Civil War Questline in the Empire's favor, one might be able to fix this by completing the "Kill the Dragon" quest at Northwind Summit and turning it into Anuriel.