Jorn wishes only to graduate and enlist in the Legion, hoping his drums will lead the soldiers to victory. He does not agree with Viarmo's teaching methods of drumming, claiming the instructor's playing is too reserved and not passionate enough for his tastes.
The Dragonborn must talk to him after having convinced the Jarl to allow the celebration of the Burning of King Olaf during this quest. During the festival, he is often seen playing an instrument along with Ataf.
Jorn: "I've converted the classic tale of Eyldi the Bear to be performed with drums. I think you'll be impressed!"
Inge: "I'll be the judge of that. Now, back to your practice."
Jorn: "Yes sir, Professor Gemane! It's a war epic about Hoag Merkiller's last stand!"
Giraud: "I'm sure it will be fine, just don't be late."
Skill in songEdit
Jorn: "I think someone has a crush on Illdi."
- "I wish only to graduate an enroll with the Legion. My drums will lead our troops to victory."
- "It's an honor to have Viarmo for instructions on drum, but he's far too reserved for my tastes."
- "Viarmo is too concerned with precision. What of instinct? Hmm? What of passion?"
- "Lisette's a fine lass, but when I join the Legion. She's not the type to wait for my return."
- He has an attraction to Lisette, saying she's a "fine lass," but not the type to wait for a soldier's return.
- Jala's House in Solitude, shouting threats to which she is answering from inside. He has been observed outside
- Requesting to play a song inside The Winking Skeever will result in him walking all the way back to the courtyard of the Bards College to perform. All patrons within The Winking Skeever will still dance and applaud his performance despite him being all the way across town performing it.