Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Kalthar is a Nord Battlemage who resides in the Leyawiin Mages Guild. He is not happy that Dagail is still the head of the local guild hall. While most in the hall are upset, Kalthar expresses almost outright anger when the Hero speaks to him.
Prior to Hannibal Traven becoming the Arch-Mage, Kalthar was a openly practicing Necromancer. After Traven banned the practice, Kalthar was one of the few to stay with the guild. After this he has remained an law abiding member of the guild.
In order to join the Mages guild, potential members must get letters of recommendation from each halls leader. The problem is that Dagail has lost her amulet, that keeps her powers of Mysticism in balance. The Hero is asked to find out who stole it so she can regain her senses.
Asking Kalthar, he will note that he doesn't know or care where the amulet is, and that Dagail is only allowed to keep her post because of her connections. He also reviles knowledge of Dagail's father, who shared the same condition. He will also state that he hopes that once word gets out she is unable to preform her duties, the guild will step in and remove her.
After further investigations lead to Fort Blueblood, Kalthar will confront the hero after finding Manduin's Amulet. He will confess to stealing Dagails Seer's stone. He notes that he intended to give it back once she was removed, and he advanced in the guild, he would return the stone. After this he will attack and must be killed.
- "Oh, boy. Good luck getting that. Dagail's the only one who can write one. If she can remember who she is today that is."-If asked about a recommendation prior to the start of that quest.
- "What? haven't I said enough already? Just let it go. Once someone finally realizes what's going on here, maybe things will change."
- "I heard she was put in charge of the Leyawiin guild hall as a favor, not because she deserved it. That doesn't seem right, does it?"
- "She's the one you want to talk to if you actually need something to get done around here. I don't even know why Dagail is still around."-Referring to Agata.
- "The guild lost a good number of members when Traven banned the practice of Necromancy, but some of us stayed behind."
- After his death, people will talk about his actions, and how they only prove that "you can't trust a Necromancer, even if he claims to be reformed."
- ↑ Dialogue with Kalthar