|Location||Northeast of Markarth|
West of Rebel's Cairn
Fenn's Gulch Mine
|Quests||Settle ownership of the mine|
Karthwasten is a moderate sized community located in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
Karthwasten contains several houses with Silver Ingots and Ore. You must travel through here in order to complete the quest The Heart of Dibella. When you first get there, two groups are in a heated debate over the mine. This is a miscellaneous quest to assist with ownership of the mine.
- If you kill all of the Silver-Blood merceneries, or persuade them to leave without killing them, you will be rewarded with a leveled amount of gold.
- It is also possible through talking with the Silver-Blood leader to persuade Ainethach to sell his mine. Report back to the Silver Blood leader in the mine and he will give you a reward in gold.
- You can then kill him and his entire crew then report back to Ainethach to get another reward.
- Silver Ore Vein x7 in Sanuarach Mine, x1 in Fenn's Gulch Mine
- Silver Ore x5 outside near the entrances to the mines
- Silver Ingot x2 near the ores
- Two Smelters are located here, one outside of each mine.
- In Season Unending, it is stated that a massacre took place here.
- If you travel directly West from Enmon's house you will eventually reach what looks like a shrine. Next to the shrine is a dead wood elf, various potions and ingredients, a diamond, a Steel Dagger of Fatigue and a chest. A wolf may spawn here suggesting it killed the wood elf
- The Heart of Dibella
- Convince Atar to leave Sanuarach Mine or Convince Ainethach to sell Sanuarach Mine - Settle a dispute over Sanuarach Mine
- On the way to Karthwasten, on the path, there may be a Horse that will not move. It is not just stuck in place as its animation will be frozen as well. When you walk towards it you will be able to go through it (I encountered it rather close to the mountainside though). Attacking the horse results in a bounty, but killing it removes the witness. After killing it, it will stay in place. Shouting at the horse will cause it to move, but its body will still be stuck. Horse Hide and Horse Haunch may be looted from the corpse. (PS3)
- Directly southeast of Karthwasten near where a Nirnroot plant is found, another Nirnroot plant can be heard on the opposite side of the river, near the canyon wall. Using console commands, the nirnroot can be found below the ground where the cliff meets the water.