The Khajiit Caravans are groups of traveling merchants from Elsweyr. The caravan system in Skyrim, consists of three roving bands of Khajiit merchants, and their respective entourage. The caravans are not allowed within the cities of Skyrim, so they must make camp outside the walls. They can be found walking the roads of Skyrim in between camp locations, and will even pause to do business with the Dragonborn while on the move. Upon completion of the Thieves Guild main and restoration quest-lines, an alliance can be made between the two groups unlocking Caravan merchants as fences.
The caravan led by Ri'saad is the wealthiest of the three, and enjoys the most lucrative trade route. Ri'saad's route travels back and forth between Markarth and Whiterun. The caravan features a variety of wares and offers a tanning rack, for crafting purposes. Ri'saad is accompanied by Atahbah and Ma'randru-jo. The trio is protected by Khayla, who also offers training in Sneak up to level 50 (Adept).
The caravan led by Ahkari follows a route that includes Dawnstar, Whiterun, and Riften. The caravan offers a variety of goods and services. Ahkari is accompanied by Zaynabi, and the pair are protected by Dro'marash and Kharjo. Ahkari also offers training in Pickpocket up to level 50 (Adept) and Dro'marash offers training in Speech up to level 50 (Adept). Kharjo is also available as a follower, provided the Dragonborn retrieves his Moon Amulet from a bandit camp or cave.
The caravan led by Ma'dran has profited greatly from the Stormcloak rebellion, as weapons and armor are the caravan's specialty and their route runs from Windhelm to Solitude. Ma'dran is accompanied by his two guards, Ma'jhad and Ra'zhinda. Ma'jhad also offers training in Lockpicking up to the Expert level.
- Ri'saad is marked as essential.
- Ahkari's stock can be found behind the trees near the Iron-Breaker mine in Dawnstar in a glitched merchants chest (the chest is in between some rocks by the tree to the left of the mine when facing the mine entrance).
- Ma'dran's stock chest can be found in the middle of stone wall (side closest to river) outside Markarth where Ri'saad sets up shop.
- Ri'saad's stock chest can be found near where Ma'dran sets up shop outside of Solitude. Found by crouching and searching around the area between the small tree and the rocks off the road approaching solitude.
- Above chests mentioned are "invisible" and the only proof of having found them is the open chest prompt. No bounty will be added for taking items from them as far as any have experienced and they will restock after waiting 48 hours and viewing the sales inventory of the merchant the chest belongs to.
- Sometimes Ri'saad will not show up in Whiterun after completing A Blade in the Dark quest w/ Delphine. His other three followers will still be traveling but will not setup camp. Ri'saad could be found outside of Windhelm where Ma'dran's Caravan sets up shop. Ri'saad will stand there with Ma'dran as if having conversation; Activate Ri'saad to barter, Ma'dran will not, saying that he has no wares. They seem to be stuck there, unable to move. (Unconfirmed: Xbox360 - needs more testing)
- Sometimes the Khajiit in the caravan appear, but their tents do not and they do nothing but stand still. However this bug rarely ever happens and usually fixes itself, after the first encounter with the bug, but there have been cases where it happens nonstop. Fear not, you can still trade with them.