|Kidnapped For Ransom|
|Have an image that helps illustrate this quest?|
Then please upload it!
For more information please consult our image policies
|Quest Giver||Rochelle the Red or a Random Bandit|
|Location|| Player Homestead|
This quest is within the Skyrim add-on, Hearthfire.
- Read Note.
- Travel to <Radiant Location>.
- Pay ransom or kill the bandits.
- Free spouse.
This section contains bugs related to Kidnapped For Ransom. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Rochelle the Red may actually never be seen as she may not deliver the note to the Dragonborn and/or not be found at the location that her bandits are at.
- The quest may end suddenly if the Dragonborn enters their house before going to the rescue. To avoid this, upon receiving the quest go directly to the site where their spouse is held without entering their house.
- Whatever the way the player ends the quest, their spouse may become bugged, with an almost constant, strange backwards-walking animation. They may also get stuck along the way from the bandit lair back to their home. This can be fixed for players on PC by clicking on their spouse in the console and using the "Resurrect" command. Another way to fix this bug is to recruit the spouse as a follower, then beat them up until they leave the player's service, but not enough to turn them hostile. They should then be able to walk freely. (Not all spouses are capable of becoming followers, so this would only work for those who can.)
- Another "cure" for the backwards-walking is to have the spouse follow and then travel to a known dragon lair. Hopefully, the dragon will do enough damage (the spouse drops to one knee) without actually killing them. This seems to "knock" the bug out of them as well.