|Location||East of Statue to Meridia|
|Type||Ancient Nordic Tomb|
|Quests||The Break of Dawn|
- The Break of Dawn – The Dragonborn is sent here by Meridia to cleanse it from the undead and the necromancer within.
- Battle of Red Mountain (Block) skill book, found in the second section of the ruins, in the upper west corner in a bookcase.
- Large amounts of gold on the desecrated corpses (far more than is usually found on characters). Although many of them appear to be wearing Imperial Armor and Stormcloak Armor, nothing other than gold can be taken from them.
- A Word Wall for the Elemental Fury shout is outside the temple northeast from the bottom of the stairs leading to Meridia's statue.
- Various Soul Gems
- Potion of Extended Invisibility can be obtained using the Telekinesis Alteration spell.
- Expert-level chest outside at bottom of steps leading up to the entrance.
- The light causes shock damage which drains health and magicka.
- The light is actually a destruction spell shown in the spell book as kilkreathLightBeam. It can only be unlocked through console commands in the PC version (console command PSB)
- The corpses lying around the place look strikingly similar to the painting The Scream by Norwegian artist Edvard Munch.
- If a follower is told to wait inside of the room in which Malkoran is fought, and is still waiting when Dawnbreaker is taken, when room is locked for the rest of the game, the follower will be unable to be reclaimed.
- A Letter from a Friend or the Greybeards may send the Dragonborn to Kilkreath Ruins, but the word wall is not inside the ruins, like with other word walls. It is outside of the ruins uphill (northeast) of the steps leading to the statue of Meridia.
This section contains bugs related to Kilkreath Ruins. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Sometimes the word wall at Kilkreath Ruins won't work.
- This can be solved either by saving, reboot console and reloading, or by fast traveling away and back again.