|Location||East of Statue to Meridia|
|Type||Ancient Nordic Tomb|
|Quests||The Break of Dawn|
- The Battle of Red Mountain (Block) skill book, found in the second section of the ruins, in the upper west corner on a bookcase.
- Large amounts of gold on the desecrated corpses. Although many of them appear to be wearing Imperial Armor and Stormcloak Armor, nothing other than gold can be taken from them.
- A Word Wall for the Elemental Fury shout is outside the temple northeast from the bottom of the stairs that lead to Meridia's statue.
- Various Soul Gems
- Potion of Extended Invisibility can be obtained using the Telekinesis Alteration spell.
- Expert-level chest outside at bottom of steps leading up to the entrance.
- A gold emerald ring that is easy to miss sits on a table in the entrance room. On the lower level, in the southwest corner of the room behind some columns, it's on the square table to the right, next to an urn.
- The light causes shock damage, which drains health and magicka.
- The light is actually a destruction spell shown in the spell book displayed as kilkreathLightBeam. It can only be unlocked via console commands in the PC version. Otherwise, there is no way to get this book.
- If a follower is told to wait inside of the room in which Malkoran is fought, and is still waiting when Dawnbreaker is taken, when room is locked for the rest of the game, the follower will be unable to be reclaimed.
- A Letter from a Friend or the Greybeards may send the Dragonborn to the Kilkreath Ruins.
This section contains bugs related to Kilkreath Ruins. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Sometimes the word wall at Kilkreath Ruins won't work.
- This can be solved either by saving, reboot console and reloading, or by fast traveling away and back again.
- It is possible that the doors to Kilkreath Ruins will not open even if the Dragonborn has spoken to Meridia. This means that Dawnbreaker is inaccesible.