|Location||East of Statue to Meridia|
|Type||Ancient Nordic Tomb|
|Quests||The Break of Dawn|
Meridia's Temple, the Dragonborn is sent here by Meridia to cleanse it from the undead and the necromancer within. Located under the Statue to Meridia. For a walkthrough of Kilkreath Ruins see The Break of Dawn.
- Battle of Red Mountain skill book, second section of the ruins upper west corner in a bookcase.
- Large amounts of Gold on the desecrated corpses (far more than is usually found on NPC's). Although many of them appear to be wearing Imperial Armor and Stormcloak Armor, nothing other than gold can be taken from them.
- The Elemental Fury shout is outside the temple northeast from the bottom of the stairs leading to Meridia's statue.
- Do not stand in the path of the light, it causes shock damage which drains health and magicka.
- The light is actually a destruction spell shown in the spell book as kilkreathLightBeam. It can only be unlocked by the player through console commands in the PC version (console command PSB)
- The corpses laying around the place look strikingly similar to the painting The Scream by Norwegian artist Edvard Munch.
- Do not tell Followers to wait inside of the room that you fight Malkoran in, or at least remember to recall them before you take Dawnbreaker. This room is locked for the rest of the game, and you will not be able to reclaim your partner.
- Letter from a friend or the Greybeards may send the player to Kilkreath Ruins, but the word wall is not inside the ruins, like with other word walls, but outside left of the statue of Meridia.
- Sometimes the word wall at Kilkreath Ruins won't work.
- Solution: Save and reload or fast travel away and back again.