After escaping from Privateer's Hold, and visited Lady Brisienna, the Agent will need to look for ways of boosting their reputation. Once such method will be to join the Fighters Guild, although membership will be denied until the Agent proves their ability and their mettle.
- Speak with a Questgiver from the Fighters Guild.
- Find and enter the specified residence.
- Kill the giant spider within.
- Return to Questgiver before the time limit expires to complete the quest.
When attempting to join the Fighters Guild, the Agent will be informed by a Questgiver of a local resident's misfortune in taking a silkworm cocoon into their home, only to find that a giant spider emerged from the pod. Furthermore, they cannot afford to pay the Fighters Guild to deal with the issue, so the Guild are unwilling to act. However, the Questgiver states that the Agent can earn the Guild's favour by killing the spider for free, so that "the guild looks good".
A Simple MistakeEdit
The Questgiver will tell the Agent the name of the building that the spider is in, but is unable to give an exact location. Fortunately the Agent can obtain that information from the local population, although if the town is small a random search could also reveal the residence. Regardless, the Agent must enter the building and slay the spider, which can be found lurking somewhere within.
Once the spider lies dead, confirmed by a notification, the Agent must return to the Questgiver before the time limit expires to complete the quest.
The Agent will not receive a monetary reward for their efforts, although they will receive a boost to their reputation within the Guild. Likewise, failing the quest will not only see the Agent forefit a reward, but also have their standing with the Guild harmed:
|The Giant Spider Hunt - m0c00y12|
The Fighters Guild of [town] has offered to let me to kill a giant spider which hatched in [building]. It's got be done today.
- When asked for any news, NPCs have a variety of comments to make referencing the quest:
- Acceptance: "Did you hear about the idiot that brought home a giant spider's egg. Now he's got an eight legged pet thats trying to eat him for dinner!"
- Success: "You're that guy that killed the giant spider. You should join the Fighter's Guild or something."
- Failure: "Some poor fool was stung and nearly killed by a giant spider, in his own home no less!"
|The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall – Fighters Guild|
|Services||Questgivers • Equippers • Trainer|
|Non-member Quests||The Giant Scorpion Hunt • The Giant Spider Hunt • Chase the Barbarian • The Menial Job|
|Member Quests||To Kill a Lycanthrope • Wild Animal • An Open Door • A Less Menial Job • A Giant Issue • The Noble's Pet|
|Reputational Quests||Flying Carnivores • Purge the Giants • A Standard Protection Job • Dealing with Daedroths • Hunting the Lich • A Domestic Squabble • The Spriggan's Offer • A Wizard's Revenge • The Elemental Critter|
|Lord K'avar||A Deceptive Escort • The Lord's Safehouse • Capture or Kill|