These can be given by innkeepers when asked about work/rumors. Any of the Jarls or their steward/stewardess can give these when asked for work. A Bounty Note will be given to the Dragonborn identifying the type and location of the bounty.
The dungeon is randomly determined based on the quest-giver's hold.
- Kill the bandit leader at Broken Oar Grotto
- Kill the bandit leader at Four Skull Lookout
- Kill the bandit leader at Halted Stream Camp
- Kill the bandit leader at Nilheim
- Kill the bandit leader at Redoran's Retreat
- Kill the bandit leader at Rift Watchtower
- Kill the bandit leader at Silent Moons Camp
- Kill the bandit leader at Winter War
- Kill the bandit leader at Valtheim Towers
- Kill the bandit leader at Snowpoint Beacon
- Kill the bandit target (There is no distinctive leader) at Embershard Mine
- Kill the bandit leader at Bilegulch Mine
- Kill the bandit leader at Uttering Hills Cave
This section contains bugs related to Kill the Bandit Leader. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- At least five quests of this kind (Kill the Bandit Leader at Valtheim Towers, Nilheim, Rift Watchtower, Broken Helm Hollow, Winter War and Uttering Hills Cave) are bugged. If the Dragonborn kills the leader before getting the quest, he will not respawn, making the Dragonborn unable to complete the quest. The quest does not have a questmarker either.
- It's possible to complete the quest by resurrecting the Bandit Leader using the console (and then killing him).
- It's possible to skip the current stage by using the command
setstage BQ01 100or
setstage BQ01 100
- Linwe, rendering the quest impossible to finish. This is because prior to activating this quest, one has already completed the quest "Summerset Shadows."
There is a bug with Uttering Hills Cave where the quest marker will lead you to a dead body of
- console command prid 0007d67a then using the command ressurect may bring it alive again, making it possible to be killed and thus completing the quest. Targeting the dead body or using the
- Sometimes, even when given a quest, the Bandit Leader at Nilheim is nonexistent. This is a glitch on the 360 and PC and does not seem to be level-dependent. The dungeon can be reset with the command
prid c5675followed by