- Main article: King (Arena)
- Main article: Queen (Arena)
The King of Morrowind was put in place by Tiber Septim so to have a central governing hand in the province.
- Queen Barenziah, a renowned queen consort.
- King Symmachus, king before Helseth (? - 3E 391) 
- King Hlaalu Helseth (3E 391 - ?) 
Not all kings and queens within the province of Skyrim attain the mantle of High King. While many people outside of Skyrim consider Jarls of the Fourth Era to be pseudo-kings and queens they are often not royalty.
However, there have been several individuals who have been recorded as monarchs of individual city states throughout the history of Skyrim:
- King Mantiarco of Solitude (3E ? - 3E 99)
- Amodetha, Queen of Solitude - Late Third Era
- Potema Septim, Wolf Queen of Solitude - (3E 81 - 3E 137)
- Pelagius Septim III - King of Solitude (3E 137 - 3E 153)
- Jolethe Septim - Queen of Solitude (3E 145 - 3E ?)
- King Thian of Solitude - late Third Era
- Queen Macalla of Dawnstar - late Third Era
- Joile, King of Daggerfall - late First Era
- Emeric, King of High Rock and leader of the Daggerfall Covenant - Interregum
- Eadwyre - King of Wayrest
- Arslan II - King of Daggerfall - (3E ? - 3E 377)
- Lysandus - King of Daggerfall
- Gothryd - King of Daggerfall