Kjeld the Younger is a Nord miner who lives in Kynesgrove. He is the son of Kjeld and Iddra. He is not to be confused with his father, who runs the Steamscorch Mine and the settlement of Kynesgrove itself.
- "You don't look so tough. I'll bet I could take you."
- "Why are you still here?"
- "I don't know you. Leave me alone!"
Kjeld the Younger: "When do I get to go hunting?"
Kjeld: "When you're able to draw a bow all the way to your shoulder."
Kjeld the Younger: "I can do that! I did it yesterday!"
Kjeld: "Oh, really?"
Kjeld the Younger: "So can I come?"
Kjeld: "We'll see."
Kjeld the Younger: "And then I told her about the vampires and how much they would pay me for her."
Kjeld: "That is rich. What did she do?"
Kjeld the Younger: "She's a girl. She cried."
Kjeld: "It's good to toughen her up. Not an easy world out here. Keep at it."
Be your own manEdit
Kjeld the Younger: "Papa, mama's making me do kitchen work again."
Kjeld: "And what did you say to that?"
Kjeld the Younger: "She can't tell me what to do!"
Kjeld: "There you go, son. Be your own man!"
Iddra: "I'm going to need your help in the kitchen tomorrow."
Kjeld the Younger: "But papa was going to take me hunting tomorrow!"
Iddra: "Oh, I don't think you're old enough for that yet. You can help me salt the cheese curd."
Kjeld the Younger: "Why can't Froa do it?"
Iddra: "Because I'm telling you to."
Iddra: "You need to take better care of your sister."
Kjeld the Younger: "But she's so stupid!"
Iddra: "She said you threw her into a goat pen yesterday."
Kjeld the Younger: "Because she was being stupid!"
Iddra: "Don't make me bring your father into this."
No playing by the riverEdit
Kjeld the Younger: "Mama, when can we go play in the river again?"
Iddra: "Not with all those soldiers all over the hold. Their horses can't see you, you know."
Kjeld the Younger: "I know, but..."
Iddra: "And you'll be trampled to death!"
Kjeld the Younger: "No way. I'm quick!"
Iddra: "Well why don't you be quick about finding my book that you lost?"
- Should he die, his father will, after discovering his corpse, run into the Inn, where he will mourn over his death for a day.
- Kjeld the Younger speaks with his mother, Iddra, about not abusing his sister, Froa (namely, his throwing of her into the goat pen) as well as him having to do chores that he believes she should help with. The sister is never seen in Kynesgrove.
- The Creation Kit shows that he was friends with Susanna the Wicked.