Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Knahaten Flu is a deadly disease that affected much of Argonia in the Second Era. Whether the terrible Knahaten Flu arose from natural causes, or was created by an Argonian shaman in retaliation for his people's oppression, is still a matter of debate. The plague began in Stormhold in 2E 560, and quickly spread to every corner of Black Marsh, killing all those not reptilian stock. For over forty years, it held the Province in its grip, decimating entire cultures (notably, the Kothringi) and driving outsiders from the land. In 2E 560 it reached Senchal in Elsweyr, and it also destroyed significant sections of Argonia, however, the Hist proved immune to it.
The Knahaten Flu also helped Argonia temporarily cede from the Empire during the Second Era, as the plague made the land habitable only by Argonians.
In Hammerfell, on the 20th of Rain's Hand, citizens commemorate the Day of Shame, a day in which the passengers of the Crimson Ship, loaded with victims of this sickness, were denied entry into Hammerfell. Even though the action stopped the plague from reaching Hammerfell, it is still remembered as a horrible day in their history.
The Knahaten Flu also created tensions in Cyrodiil during the Third Era, too. It was later revealed to have been a hoax, sparked by Argonians wishing revenge on the Blackwood Company expansionists.
In High Rock, the flu killed the prominent merchant Pierric Cumberland. It is also responsible for ending Wayrest's Gardner Dynasty, every member of which died, including the entire royal family.
An Ayleid ghost encountered by the Vestige in Shadowfen during the Three Banners War suggested that her people created the flu to get revenge on their former Argonian and Kothringi slaves, who rebelled along with the Alessians.
- ↑ Pocket Guide to the Empire, Third Edition: Black Marsh
- ↑ Pocket Guide to the Empire, First Edition: Elsweyr Confederacy
- ↑ Journal of Thracius Mento
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Pocket Guide to the Empire, First Edition: Wild Regions
- ↑ December 20, 2012. The Elder Scrolls Online. Very little is known about the disease itself apart from the fact that it is deadly to all those that are not reptilian. Ask Us Anything: Aldmeri Dominion Part 2
- ↑ Pocket Guide to the Empire, Third Edition: Eras
- ↑ The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall.
- ↑ Pocket Guide to the Empire, Third Edition: Cyrodiil
- ↑ The Elder Scrolls Online - Aldmeri Dominion
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 February 11, 2013. The Elder Scrolls Online The Stories of Tamriel: Travails and Triumphs of a Monarch
- ↑ The Elder Scrolls Online - Into the Temple quest