The Knife is a rare one-handed weapon found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. In appearance, it is the same as a standard dinner knife. However, it is unique in that, unlike other knives, it can be equipped as a weapon. If the appropriate perks are selected, the knife's magnitude of damage dealt will raise like any other weapon, albeit insignificantly, due to its already low base damage of 2. It cannot be upgraded at a grindstone, though it can be enchanted.
- East Empire Company Warehouse – Can be found on the second floor, sitting on a crate.
- Faldar's Tooth – It is located in the dining area, near a fireplace and plenty of dog meat. Stored on the bottom shelf, in a pile of both non-interactable forks and knives.
- Near High Hrothgar – If the Dragonborn enters the courtyard area and walk straight up the stairs, then jump over the stone wall on the left, they can walk along the cliffs before eventually coming to a small ledge (under a wooden bridge) with a fork and knife. The Dragonborn may not be able to pick these items up unless they can move them using magic, such as the Unrelenting Force shout.
- Honeyside in Riften – After purchasing the porch upgrade, the Dragonborn can find both the fork and knife weapon variants on the table outside.
- Redwater Den – A fork and a knife sitting on a table next to a bottle of Black-Briar Mead.
- Volkihar Keep – It is found sitting on a table with other various torture tools.
- Volkihar Ruins – Three knives and two forks can be found piled on a shelf near the ground by the entrance.
- Homestead – One appears in a tray atop a desk when the desk furnishing is added in the small back room of the Main Hall.
- Bloodskal Barrow – In the southern tower, one on a table and one stuck in a wall, marked by blood.
- Bristleback Cave – Half way into the cave after fighting many Rieklings, one will find a table with two knives and a fork.
- Fort Frostmoth – On a table in the boss room next to the boss chest.
- Haknir's Shoal – On a plate next to one of the tents together with a fork and some tongs.
- Moesring Pass – In the open tent, next to cast iron pot and a bear pelt, it can be equipped for use as a weapon. A fork is also on top of a barrel, it can be equipped as a weapon too.
This section contains bugs related to Knife (Skyrim weapon). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Switching to the knife may cause the camera to look straight up.
- Occasionally, the knife will fail to appear in its place in the East Empire Company Warehouse.
- Like many other weapons, the knife will glitch around the room when one attempts to place it on a weapon rack or holder.
- Sometimes, swinging the weapon will cause the Dragonborn to disappear for a quick second.
- In third person, knives will appear invisible upon equipping them. It will look like there is nothing in one's hand; however, an enchanted fork or knife will be visible in its sheath and one's hand while equipped.