Knight Orders are a group of ten knightly groups, spread across ten separate Regions during the events of The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall. The Orders were aligned to a specific region, most often led by the region's ruler, or a highly influential noble.
Given their position as defenders of a region, Knight Orders rarely gave gold to their members as a reward. Instead, a member could expect a huge boost to their reputation by working for an Order.
The Agent could only join one of the Orders during their time in the Iliac Bay, as an aside to their quest for Uriel Septim VII. When they did so they faced a choice of ten, representing ten influential regions across the Bay. Acceptance into any of the Orders would be based on their regional reputation, as well as their reputation within each Order itself.
The joinable Knight Orders in The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall are as follows:
The Knights of the Dragon were a famed Order, located within the Bay's capital and main region: Daggerfall.
The region of Glenpoint relied on the Knights of the Owl for their protection, led by the region's Baron.
The Knights of the Hawk, despite being headquartered in the region of Santaki, were responsible for the defence of Santaki and the nearby region of Antyphyllos. They also appeared to have a secret relationship with the Dark Brotherhood.
Totambu's ruling family could call upon the Order of Scarab for their protection during the events of Daggerfall, a protection extended to the entire region.
- The Traitor – Kill the traitor.
- The Hunter – Hunt for a critter.
- Band of Orcs – Kill the leader of an orc gang.
- Pest Control – Clear a house from pests.
- Rescue a Princess – Find the kidnapped princess.
- Retribution – Kill the traitor.
- Crazed Orc Mercenary – Kill a crazed orc mercenary.
- The Orcish Hoard – Kill the leader of a band of orcs.
- The Orc Raids – Kill the warlord of an orc band.
- Giant Raiding – Kill a giant raiding farms.
- Banish the Ghost – Banish the ghost.
- The Dragonslayer – Slay a dragonling.
- Eternal Rest
- Invasion from Oblivion
- Artifact of Power – Find a legendary artifact.
- The Army of the Undead – Kill an Ancient Lich.
- The Lost Artifact – Kill an Ancient Lich.
All Knight Orders of the Iliac Bay are connected to an imaginary Faction called Generic Knightly Order (probably for game-internal issues). This Order is structured as seen below.
|Rank||Rank Title||Reputation||High skill||Low skill|
|Rank 0||No charge for staying at inns in the order's region|
|Rank 4||No charge for staying at any inn in the Iliac Bay region|
|Rank 6||No charge for traveling by ship or boat|
|Rank 9||Receive a free house in one of that order's regions|
- Questers - Offers the Agent random quests, dependent on their Reputation within the order.
- Seneschals - Responsible for handing the Agent a house when they achieve the rank of Paladin within the Knight Order.
- Smiths - Rewards the Agent with a random armour piece upon each promotion in rank.
- The material of the armour piece is based on the rank.
- There is a universal Faction for Knight Orders, as well as subdivisions for each individual Order.
- Despite being an overtly militaristic organisation, none of the Orders can offer the Agent training.
This section contains bugs related to Knight Orders. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
The Agent can join all of the Knight Orders, regardless of reputation.
- Fixed with the official 1.04.191 patch.
|The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall – Knight Orders|
|Allies of Daggerfall||Knights of the Dragon • Knights of the Owl|
|Allies of Wayrest||Knights of the Flame • Knights of the Rose • Order of the Raven|
|Allies of Sentinel||Host of the Horn • Knights of the Hawk • Knights of the Wheel • Order of the Candle • Knights of the Scarab|
|Non-member Quests||The Traitor • The Hunter • Band of Orcs • Pest Control|
|Member Quests||Rescue a Princess • Retribution • Crazed Orc Mercenary • The Orcish Hoard • The Orc Raids • Giant Raiding • Banish the Ghost • Eternal Rest|
|Elite Member Quests||The Dragonslayer • Invasion from Oblivion • Artifact of Power • The Army of the Undead • The Lost Artifact|
|This article has an excess of redlinks in it. Attention is requested to create new articles from links to relevant topics and remove those links which lead to pages unlikely to be covered by the wiki.|