Knight Orders are knightly groups in the service of a regional ruler in The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall. The player could join only one of the orders. You do not get any monetary reward for performing quests for the Knight Orders - instead, you get increased reputation with the region's commoners and nobility. With each promotion you get, the Knights will give you a new, random piece of armor which you can pick up at any Smith. Knight Orders do not offer training.
The joinable Knight Orders in The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall:
- Host of the Horn - Lainlyn
- Knights of the Dragon - Daggerfall
- Knights of the Flame - Anticlere
- Knights of the Hawk - Santaki
- Knights of the Owl - Glenpoint
- Knights of the Rose - Wayrest
- Knights of the Wheel - Abibon-Gora
- Order of the Candle - Sentinel
- Order of the Raven - Dwynnen
- Order of the Scarab - Totambu
- Traitor to the Order - Kill the traitor.
- The Hunter - Hunt for a critter.
- Band of Orcs - Kill the leader of an orc gang.
- Pest Control - Clear a house from pests.
- The Princess has been Captured - Find the kidnapped princess.
- Another Traitor in the Order - Kill the traitor.
- Crazed Orc Mercenary - Kill a crazed orc mercenary.
- Band of Orcs Again - Kill the leader of a band of orcs.
- Raiding Caravans - Kill the warlord of an orc band.
- Raiding Farms - Kill a giant raiding farms.
- Banish the Ghost - Banish the ghost.
- Dragon has been Spotted - Slay a dragonling.
- Artifact of Power - Find a legendary artifact.
- Lich is Raising an Army of Undead - Kill an Ancient Lich.
- Lich is Raising an Army of Undead Again - Kill an Ancient Lich.
All Knight Orders of the Iliac Bay are connected to an imaginary Faction called Generic Knightly Order (probably for game-internal issues). This Order is structured as seen below.
|Rank||Rank Title||Reputation||High skill||Low skill|
|Rank 0||No charge for staying at inns in the order's region|
|Rank 4||No charge for staying at any inn in the Iliac Bay region|
|Rank 6||No charge for traveling by ship or boat|
|Rank 9||Receive a free house in one of that order's regions|
- Questers - They give the player quests.
- Seneschals - After the player reaches the Rank 9, these people give the player a house.
- Smiths - They give the random armor pieces to the player after every promotion.
- Until Daggerfall patch 1.04.191 the player could join all the Knight Orders.