- Four Gold Ingots. Two of these are in a box in the back of a covered cart, and can be accessed by taking them from the side of the cart (not the front). The other two are located on the table near the Forsworn Briarheart.
- Three Gold Ore. Sitting loose on table near a hole in the ground that leads back to mine entrance.
- Various types of jewels from ore veins.
- Seventeen Gold Ore Veins
The mine contains seventeen Gold Ore Veins (in order from entrance):
- At the first intersection, the vein is at the end of the passageway to the left.
- At the end of the opposite passageway.
- Next to ore vein two.
- Next to ore vein three.
- Back at the intersection, to the right. In the next large room, to the right; on the right across from a covered cart.
- Next to ore vein five.
- Next to ore vein six.
- Next to ore vein seven.
- On the wall next to ore vein eight.
- Back up the wooden ramp, on the first left; on the ground.
- On the wall above ore vein ten.
- Farther back up ramp; at the top, on the left wall.
- Straight up the passageway; at the end, on the left.
- Next to ore vein thirteen.
- Up a hill; to the left, at the top; on floor to the left.
- On the wall across from ore vein fifteen.
- Back down the passageway; on the floor to the right, beneath a torch.
- There is a smelter outside the mine entrance, which can be used to turn the ore into ingots.
- If the quest is not completed, the mine is easier to work as neither miners nor Forsworn are present to block the Dragonborn from mining at the various veins once they re-spawn. Completing the quest, however, (and speaking to both Pavo Attius and Gat gro-Shargakh), is one way to gain access to Orc Strongholds.
- Kolskeggr Mine can become an invaluable source of Gold Ore, due to a glitch that doesn't allow the mine to be considered "Cleared", allowing the ore to respawn. However, due to this, the Forsworn may respawn as well.
- On very rare occasions, or in some playthroughs, Kolskeggr suffers from a rare glitch where it will never respawn any of its ores or only after an extreme amount of time. The exact cause is unknown and a fix is unknown. A possible cause for this glitch is that if Kolskeggr is the first mine the Dragonborn clears out completely, the glitch may occur, however this is not always the case.
- A possible fix for this glitch is to exit, fast travel to any location, and then fast travel back to the mine. Alternatively, if the vein coloration has returned, exiting Kolskeggr mine and wait one hour then re-enter the mine fixes the problem.