Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Upon first talking to Froki, he asks the Dragonborn to kill three Guardian beasts, as follows:
- The Guardian wolf is located at the Wild Animal Den: Pinewatch Outcropping (unmarked location) just west of Lakeview Manor, northeast of Falkreath.
- The Guardian skeever is located at the Windward Ruins, southwest of Dawnstar.
- The Guardian mudcrab is located at the Fossilized Giant Mudcrab (unmarked location).
There is nothing apparently special about these beasts while they are alive except that they appear as ghosts. They have the same characteristics as their normal counterparts. Once they die, instead of the usual corpse, there will be "Ghostly Remains" to be looted.
After defeating all three and returning to Froki, he will ask that three tougher beasts be killed:
- The Guardian sabre cat is just northeast of Journeyman's Nook, southeast of Winterhold and west-southwest of Bleakcoast Cave. It is at the water level, so if approaching from Journeyman's Nook, it will be necessary to drop down a cliff. It is past the Haul of the Horkers (unmarked location).
- The Guardian mammoth is just west of Loreius Farm, southwest of Heljarchen Hall and south of Dawnstar.
- The Guardian bear is north-northeast of the Twilight Sepulcher, south of Knifepoint Ridge and west of Falkreath.
Upon returning to Froki after defeating these three beasts, he has one more beast to be killed: what he calls "the troll champion".
- The Guardian troll is located in the Graywinter Watch cavern, near The Ritual Stone and east of Whiterun. There are two normal trolls here, as well as the Guardian. Once they are defeated, there is a camp against the eastern wall of the cavern. Froki's Bow is on top of one of the barrels, as well as the archery skill book Vernaccus and Bourlor.
After completing this last kill, the Dragonborn will be awarded Kyne's Token by Froki. However, if the Dragonborn chooses to report the kill before asking Froki about his bow, then there will no opportunity to tell him about the bow. Either way, the Dragonborn keeps the bow (Froki says that they can keep it).
I met an old Nord hunter named Froki who told me about Kyne's Sacred Trials. He has marked me so that the guardian skeever, wolf and mudcrab should appear to me when I visit their lairs.
I met a hunter named Froki who sent me on Kyne's Sacred Trials. I have defeated the first three guardian beasts as instructed.
The Nord hunter Froki is guiding me through the Sacred Trials of Kyne. I defeated the first group of guardians and have been tasked to seek out the guardian bear, sabrecat and mammoth spirits.
The Nord hunter Froki is guiding me through Kyne's Sacred Trials. I have defeated several guardian spirits as instructed.
The Nord hunter Froki is guiding me through the Sacred Trials of Kyne. I have defeated several spirit guardians and have now been asked to seek out the Troll guardian as my final challenge.
The Nord hunter Froki guided me through the Sacred Trials of Kyne. I have defeated the final guardian, a troll spirit.
The Nord hunter Froki is guiding me through the Sacred Trials of Kyne. I had to defeat the guardian spirits of many beasts, and was rewarded with the Blessing of Kyne.
- During the objective to kill the Guardian mudcrab, its location is that of a fossilized mudcrab, which suggests the spirit is that of the fossil.
- There is a ring of mushrooms located near the Guardian bear encounter that has a few items within it. Also, when passing over the mushrooms, the game says 'Activate White Cap', rather than the usual "Harvest White Cap". The items available are a random staff, and a random skill book.
- The Guardian bear is identified as "Ursine Guardian" when approached.
This section contains bugs related to Kyne's Sacred Trials. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- It may not be possible to Soul Trap the Guardian beasts. The soul trap message and animation may play, but no Soul Gem is filled.
- The Guardian mammoth may disappear entirely from the game, rendering it impossible to complete the quest.
- During the quest, one of the Dragonborn's followers, including horses such as Shadowmere, may randomly disappear. Saving before starting the quest will allow recovery if this happens.