An Imperial outpost once stood on the western shore of the lake, until it crumbled into it. Many believed the building was haunted and avoided it, until Malyn Varen settled in the ruins to experiment with Azura's Star.
The lake is one of the largest inland bodies of water in Skyrim, comparable in size only to Lake Honrich. It is the source of the White River, the longest river of Skyrim. Some shoreline structures have been swallowed by the lake or collapsed into the lake over the years. Ilinalta's Deep is the most well known collapse due to the strange nature of the disaster. Malyn Varen later settled his necromancer cult in the flooded ruins.
- There is an unmarked ruin in the lake to the southwest of Anise's Cabin.
- The Dragonborn may build Lakeview Manor on land south of the lake with the Hearthfire add-on.
- The Lake is dotted with numerous Hunter Camps, battling for competition.
- On the eastern end of the lake there are two small islands, the most easterly of the two has one Corundum Ore Vein and a Clay Deposit next to a small tree.
- The Guardian Stones are on the eastern shore of the lake up a small slope.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)