Lake Rumare is a large lake located roughly in the center of Cyrodiil. It contains a large island upon which the Imperial City sits. The island is connected to the mainland by a long bridge at the western edge of the island.
The Red Ring Road circles the entire lake and provides a main road by which other cities can connect. The White Rose River empties into the lake. The lake drains into the Upper Niben River, located at the southeastern end of the lake.
Viewed from atop the walls of the Imperial City, the vast waters of Lake Rumare are perfectly turquoise, and the Heartlands beyond verdant with field and forest.[OOG 1] The waters turn coral as the evening moves in, and Curlews and coots can be heard crying.[OOG 2]
Find the Shrine of the Crusader in an Ayleid Ruin under the lake.
- During the Great War, Lake Rumare was the site of fierce naval clashes between the Imperial Army and the forces of the invading Aldmeri Dominion.
- In The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, at The Ratway Warrens, an insane man — Salvianus — can be found. He was present during the Aldmeri Dominion's siege and conquer of the Imperial City between 4E 173 and 4E 174 and he talks about the battles fought in and around the lake.
- According to multiple citizens of Cyrodill, most of the wilderness around Lake Rumare was removed to make place for farmland of the Imperial City.
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- An Elder Scrolls Novel: The Infernal City
- An Elder Scrolls Novel: Lord of Souls
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls Online