He can most often be seen around in the city streets. He is involved in a miscellaneous quest where you must help convince his bully, Braith to stop bullying him. The availability of this quest appears to be related to player race, see the quest entry for more details.
He can also be seen sitting in his room in the House of Clan Battle-Born . His best friend is Mila Valentia, who loves to play hide and seek with him. Lars said that he and Mila often got into mischief, but his parents shaped him up, and he kept getting into trouble with his father.
Olava the Feeble is another one of Lars' friends. Lars says this and continues to say that Olava says things will get better for him, once he starts to stick up for himself.
- "It's no fun getting pushed around all the time"
- "I bet you could take one of those mean old dragons, I bet you could do anything"
- "My friend Olava, the seer, she says things will get better for me, once I start sticking up for myself"
- "I don't know what you did, but Braith won't even look at me now, so thanks!"
- "... my family calls me a little Milk Drinker"
- "I hope monsters come and eat you" (If the player has murdered one of his relatives)
- Lars is called a "milk-drinker" by his family.
- If you ask him "What does a kid do for fun around here," Lars will say he and his friend, Mila Valentia, used to climb upon the roof of Dragonsreach and search for bird eggs. He also says that he used to tip over the ox in the Gray-Mane's yard, but he doesn't do this stuff anymore because his father, Idolaf Battle-Born, keeps catching him then Lars gets in trouble even though the Gray-Manes and Battle-Borns are rivals.
- Just like every other child in Skyrim, if you use excessive magicka while he was watching, he will ask you if you can make him invisible. If you answer no to him, he just walks away, and you cannot reenact the conversation. If you lie to him, saying that you did make him invisible, he runs around "scaring" the residents.
- Lars' favorite pastime is to read, although this reflects badly on his popularity with his parents, who think of him as a "milk drinker". Lars will sit at his desk with books all around him and a single sweet roll at his side.
- Lars may react comically if you approach with nothing equipped.
- It is revealed that the reason Braith bullies him is because she has a crush on him.
- Lars is a common Norse name.
- It is heavily implied that Lars' parents Idolaf and Alfhild are involved in an incestuous relationship - the Creation Kit shows that both are Lars' parents, but also that they are both the brother and sister of Jon Battle-Born, and therefore are siblings. It would also explain Lars' physical weakness as a consequence of inbreeding or another explaination could be that his parents, Idolaf and Alfhild are step-siblings, however these are theories and it is most an oversight by developers.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)