|Spells/Abilities||Fire Breath, Frost Breath, Drain Vitality|
Unlike other breeds of dragon, legendary dragons have distinctive thick, curved horns. They have a black and purple scale color. They are also unique in having what appears to be compound eyes, formed of multiple "eyes" in a single socket.
The legendary dragon behaves like any other dragon in combat. It attacks with Fire or Frost Breath, and may sometimes land either on its own accord or because of the Dragonrend shout. Along with the Revered Dragon, it uses the Drain Vitality Shout.
- The Legendary Dragon is stronger than Alduin in terms of shouts, health, and bite damage, although Alduin has a 50% resistance to all damage types.
- Using the console to spawn a Legendary Dragon and then killing it does not count towards its achievement.
- Main article: Achievements (Dawnguard)
Defeat A Legendary Dragon
As with all other dragons, when defeated, it might not be possible to absorb its soul.
- Fix: spend a dragon soul, and the dragon's soul should be absorbed.
- On the first encounter with a legendary dragon, it is somewhat common that its model and textures will be out of date and smooth; this is the same with most dragons, but even more with legendary due to their rather rare nature. In some cases, the legendary dragons will remain untextured, never fully rendering.
|Creatures and Enemies (The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard)|
|Named Creatures||Arvak • Bran • CuSith • The Forgemaster • Garmr • Naaslaarum • Sceolang • The Reaper • Voslaarum|
|Docile Creatures||Ancestor Moth • Armored Troll • Armored Frost Troll • Bone Hawk • Frost Giant |
Husky • Shellbug • Vale Deer • Soul Wisp
|Hostile Creatures|| Ancient Frost Atronach • Chaurus Hunter • Chaurus Hunter Fledgling • Death Hound |
Falmer Warmonger • Feral Falmer • Frozen Chaurus • Frozen Falmer • Gargoyle Brute
Gargoyle Sentinel • Legendary Dragon • Revered Dragon • Spriggan Earth Mother • Vale Sabre Cat
|Undead||Boneman • Keeper • Mistman • Wrathman • Nightlord Vampire • Nightmaster Vampire|