Leifnarr is a Nord farmer who was killed by a small group of Bandits. His body can be found in Broken Helm Hollow behind a secret door in the rock wall leading to a torture room. Upon finding his body, his wife Grosta or son Gralnach can be told of his death to complete the quest. Pulling the arrow from Leifnarr's chest casues the Dragonborn to realize that Leifnarr is dead. Grosta will express remorse at his death, chiding herself for assuming he was being unfaithful. They can be found at the Heartwood Mill, just west of Riften.
- Sometimes the dialog for reporting his death does not appear with either his son Gralnach or his wife Grosta. This may be because Leifnarr's body was found before talking to Grosta. This bug cannot be fixed on PS3 or Xbox, but it can be failed and moved off the active quest list by killing Grosta at Heartwood Mill. It can be cleared on PC by using console command: setstage e3ea5 30.
- PC - the usual link between the Journal entry of the quest and a map location is broken. A likely related issue is that the 'caret' symbol on the directional indicator at the top of the screen did not point anywhere even when this quest was the primary one.
- There can be two Miscellaneous quests which consist of the one given by Grosta and the one received when one unexpectedly uncovers Leifnarr's body. This can happen when searching for him at the request of Grosta and his body is examined by activating it. The bugged quest is then given in addition to the conclusion quest for the one given by Grosta. Both quests may still be completed. Whether or not this counts as an extra count for the Miscellaneous category of quests in the settings screen has not been confirmed.
- Leifnarr's body may be discovered a second time, after the initial quest has been completed, at a different location such as Orotheim. The option to report his death does not show up when talking to his survivors.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)