|Letter From A Friend|
|Title: Letter From A Friend|
|Full Title: Letter From A Friend|
|Author: A Friend|
| Weight: |
| Value: |
- Main article: Books (Skyrim)
- Upon completion of Dragon Rising, a courier can randomly appear and deliver the letter to the Dragonborn after using a Dragon Shout in any named area. It will point to the location of a Word Wall, which is determined by when and where the Dragonborn receives the letter.
- If the player uses a shout in a crowded place, a courier may give them this note.
<Name of Player>,
You caused a bit of stir in <Location> when you demonstrated the power of your Thu'um. Not everyone is anxious for the return of the Dragonborn.
I for one desire to see you grow and develop your talents. Skyrim needs a true hero these days.
You should turn your attention to <Location>. I understand it holds a mysterious source of power that can only be unlocked by the Dragonborn.
- A Letter from a Friend may be received after collecting 7 of the Dragon Priest Masks stating that a stir had been created in Labyrinthian, even if no shout had been used.
- Both locations in the letter can match one another even if the word wall there has already been acquired.
- The location where you are said to have "demonstrated your Thu'um" will sometimes be a place where no one could have seen you, let alone have been "stirred" (ex., during The Throat of the World).
- In some cases, the text may disappear rendering it useless.
- Sometimes, the letter will start by saying "You caused a bit of stir in when you demonstrated the power of your Thu'um", leaving out the location where you demonstrated the power of your Thu'um
- You may get to the place where the letter told you to go but you are unable to get the shout. It is possible that you already have it or the game has bugged out.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)