|Letter From A Friend|
|Title: Letter From A Friend|
|Full Title: Letter From A Friend|
|Author: A Friend|
- Main article: Books (Skyrim)
- Upon completion of "Dragon Rising," a courier can randomly appear and deliver the letter to the Dragonborn after using a Dragon Shout in any named area. It will point to the location of a Word Wall, which is determined by when and where the Dragonborn receives the letter.
<Name of Player>,
You caused a bit of stir in <Location> when you demonstrated the power of your Thu'um. Not everyone is anxious for the return of the Dragonborn.
I for one desire to see you grow and develop your talents. Skyrim needs a true hero these days.
You should turn your attention to <Location>. I understand it holds a mysterious source of power that can only be unlocked by the Dragonborn.
- A Letter from a Friend may be received after collecting 7 of the Dragon Priest masks stating that a stir had been created in Labyrinthian, even if no shout had been used.
This section contains bugs related to Letter from a Friend. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Both locations in the letter can match one another even if the word wall there has already been acquired.
- The location where you are said to have "demonstrated your Thu'um" will sometimes be a place where no one could have witnessed it, let alone have been "stirred" (ex., during The Throat of the World or in Apocrypha).
- In some cases, the text may disappear, rendering the letter useless.
- Sometimes, the letter will start by saying "You caused a bit of stir in when you demonstrated the power of your Thu'um", leaving out the location where you demonstrated the power of your Thu'um
- The shout may be inaccessible. It is possible that the word is learned already or that the game has bugged out.