Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
When cast, it creates a bolt of lightning that does 25 points of damage to Health, and half that to Magicka. Casting this spell causes a bolt of electricity to fling at the intended target. Unlike Sparks, which sprays a jet of electricity continuously, Lightning Bolt must be charged momentarily, then fired. Lightning Bolt is also a possible enchantment for staves.
- With the Destruction perk "Augmented Shock", damage done by Lightning bolt increases by 25%, whether dually or singly cast, for the first point invested and 50% for the second.
- "Impact" causes a target to stagger when Destruction spells are dual-wielded (but not the continual-cast spells, i.e., Flames, Sparks, Frostbite).
- "Disintegrate" causes targets with low Health to be instantly killed when hit with shock damage.
- Weight: 1
- Value: 95
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
- Court Wizards sell this spell tome.
- Sometimes found on hostile mages.
- May be found in chests.
- Faralda at the College of Winterhold also sells this spell.
- Lightning Bolt damages both Health and Magicka when cast, making the spell effective against mages.
- Lightning Bolt is a great spell to use against non-hostile or airborne Dragons, since the spell does not arc like an arrow, and it reaches its target instantly, unlike Firebolt or Ice Spike. However, Lightning Bolt does have a definitive range, and sometimes the dragon needs to be close enough to hit with the spell.
- Conjured Storm Atronachs and Storm Thralls are resistant to shock damage, so misfired Lightning Bolts do not harm them as much as other summoned Daedra.
- If the Dragonborn uses the spell just before a dragon shouts, the dragon will be prevented from doing so, though this is only true when dual-cast in conjunction with the Impact perk. Charge and maintain the dual-cast until the dragon breathes in or rears its head back in preparation for a dragon breath, then release the spell to stagger the dragon.
- Lightning Bolt will strike a target immediately when cast, unlike Ice Spike or Firebolt, which makes it useful for firing at enemies from long-range.
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls: Legends
|Arniel's Convection • Blizzard • Chain Lightning • Fire Storm • Fireball • Firebolt • Fire Rune • Flame Cloak • Flames • Frost Cloak • Frostbite • Frost Rune • Ice Spike • Ice Storm • Incinerate • Icy Spear • Lightning Bolt • Lightning Cloak • Lightning Rune • Lightning Storm • Sparks • Thunderbolt • Wall of Flames • Wall of Frost • Wall of Storms • Vampiric Drain|
|Freeze • Ignite • Whirlwind Cloak|
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Destruction Ritual Spell • Magicka • Perks • Magic • College of Winterhold • Destruction trainers • Runes • Disintegrate|