Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Lightning Storm produces a constant stream of lightning with a very reasonable amount of magicka to damage ratio, since it is less costly and seems more effective than the other master destruction spells in terms of DPS. This spell, presuming the caster is hidden, is good for taking down dragons. It should be noted that, as with all Master level Destruction spells, the caster must be stationary when launching this attack; however, the aim of the spell may be altered.
Essentially, the spell is an over-charged version of Sparks, barring that Lightning Storm must always be cast with both hands, and that the casting animation can be interrupted by dragon shouts and melee attacks. The force of the spell is considerable, as casting it in a room full of objects sends them flying as if they were hit by Unrelenting Force.
- The spell is able to reduce enemies (even dragons) to a pile of ash, even if the Dragonborn does not have the perk Disintegrate. Dragons reduced to ash piles are still lootable and will yield a soul.
- Before casting this spell (or any other master level destruction spell) the Dragonborn may wish to use the Become Ethereal shout for protection during the spell charge time. Using the Blessing of Talos and the Amulet of Talos may also aid by providing a faster cool down time.
- The actual animation for this spell is a channeled spell that does a decent amount of damage. It is possible for the Dragonborn to be interrupted while channeling by power attacks and shouts.
- Having both "Augmented Shock" perks doubles the damage to a whopping 112 damage-per-second. Even ancient dragons can then be brought down with a few seconds of casting this spell.
- If one does not know the "Become Ethereal" shout, a follower or atronach is useful in distracting enemies while charging the spell.
- Weight: 1
- Value: 1400
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
- Faralda at the College of Winterhold sells the tome after the Dragonborn completes the Destruction Ritual Spell.
- This spell can be dual-casted at slightly over double the magicka cost by using both hands at the same time.
- Augmented Shock will increases the damage by 25% on the first point and 50% on the second point.
- Master Destruction reduces the spell cost by 69 per second.
- Necromage adds 25% more damage to undead enemies.
- The spell, when cast, appears to spin in a vortex.
- Hitting a wall or solid object - like a pillar or chest - with Lightning Storm causes a continuous rumbling sound.
|Arniel's Convection • Blizzard • Chain Lightning • Fire Storm • Fireball • Firebolt • Fire Rune • Flame Cloak • Flames • Frost Cloak • Frostbite • Frost Rune • Ice Spike • Ice Storm • Incinerate • Icy Spear • Lightning Bolt • Lightning Cloak • Lightning Rune • Lightning Storm • Sparks • Thunderbolt • Wall of Flames • Wall of Frost • Wall of Storms • Vampiric Drain|
|Freeze • Ignite • Whirlwind Cloak|
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Destruction Ritual Spell • Magicka • Perks • Magic • College of Winterhold • Destruction trainers • Runes • Disintegrate|