Lightning Storm is a Master Level Destruction spell. This spell produces a constant stream of lightning with a very reasonable amount of magicka to damage ratio, since it is less costly and seems more effective than the other master destruction spells in terms of DPS. This spell, presuming the caster is hidden, is good for taking down Dragons. It should be noted that, as with all Master level Destruction spells, the caster must be stationary when launching this attack; however, the aim of the spell may be altered.
- The spell is able to reduce enemies (even dragons) to a pile of ash, even if the Dragonborn does not have the perk Disintegrate. Dragons reduced to ash piles are still lootable and will yield a soul.
- Before casting this spell (or any other master level destruction spell) the Dragonborn may wish to use the Become Ethereal shout for protection during the spell charge time. Using the Blessing of Talos and the Amulet of Talos may also aid by providing a faster cool down time.
- The actual animation for this spell is a channeled spell that does a decent amount of damage. It is possible for the Dragonborn to be interrupted while channeling by power attacks and shouts.
- Weight: 1
- Value: 1400
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
- Faralda at the College of Winterhold sells the Spell Tome after the Dragonborn completes the Destruction Ritual Spell.
- As a spell that already uses two hands to cast, it will not benefit from Destruction Dual Casting.
- Augmented Shock will increases the damage by 25% on the first point and 50% on the second point.
- Master Destruction reduces the spell cost by 69 per second.
- Necromage adds 25% more damage to undead enemies.
|Arniel's Convection • Blizzard • Chain Lightning • Fire Storm • Fireball • Firebolt • Fire Rune • Flame Cloak • Flames • Frost Cloak • Frostbite • Frost Rune • Ice Spike • Ice Storm • Incinerate • Icy Spear • Lightning Bolt • Lightning Cloak • Lightning Rune • Lightning Storm • Sparks • Thunderbolt • Wall of Flames • Wall of Frost • Wall of Storms • Vampiric Drain|
|Freeze • Ignite • Whirlwind Cloak|
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Destruction Ritual Spell • Magicka • Perks • Magic • College of Winterhold • Destruction trainers • Runes • Disintegrate|