|Locate the Assassin of Old|
|Reward||Ancient Shrouded Armor|
- Receive a reading from Olava the Feeble.
- Go to Deepwood Redoubt.
- Head to Hag's End through Deepwood Redoubt.
- Find a Dark Brotherhood assassin in a hidden room.
She tells of a cave that is home for the Dragonborn ("a sanctuary"), with family, but that there will be "so much blood." Then she mentions Deepwood Redoubt, which is "ripe for the plunder." Through there is Hag's End, a place where a Dark Brotherhood member can be found.
On the way through Deepwood Redoubt, several Forsworn are encountered. Beyond, in Deepwood Vale, there are more Forsworn in a camp. Finally, up multiple sets of stairs leading east, there is Hag's End, where Witches and a Hagraven are fought. Three more witches are encountered in the throne room of Hag's End. The door behind the throne can be opened by activating the handle.
Inside the secret room the dead Dark Brotherhood Assassin, named the Assassin of Old, can be found. By looting his corpse the Ancient Shrouded Armor is gained. Additionally, there is a chest behind him containing more treasure. Further through the gates is a Word Wall with the Slow Time shout.
This section contains bugs related to Locate the Assassin of Old. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Hag's End may need to be cleared multiple times before the Assassin's corpse appears. The corpse may never appear, which makes it impossible to complete the quest without a resolution.
- There is a hagraven inside who, if hit with a hard enough destruction spell, will literally glitch through the wall visible with the Aura shout. If this happens it is waiting outside in Deep Vale.
- There is a chance that when the door out of Deepwood Redoubt is left, the Dragonborn may drop down into a crevice where it is only possible to exit with fast travel.
- It is possible to get the Ancient Shrouded Armor set by taking a Platter (works best) and glitching through the wall. A second one is needed to glitch back out.
- It is possible to obtain infinite amounts of the armor. If Dead Thrall is used on the corpse after taking the armor, then exiting and reentering (through a loading screen) will cause him to have another set. This can be repeated forever.
- It is also possible that the corpse will not appear at all. The quest will be completed, but the set of Ancient Shrouded Armor cannot be acquired.