- Main article: Effects (Morrowind)
The following people use this spell:
This spell may be found on the dead bodies at the following locations:
The following spells consist of a Lock effect. They may include additional effects. See articles for details.
|Fenrick's Doorjam||Spell||1||10||10||Instant||Touch||0||✓||fenrick's doorjam|
|= Available for purchase from a spell merchant.|
The following spell merchants are purveyors of one or more spells consisting of a Lock effect:
|Fevyn Ralen||Telvanni||10||Vivec, Telvanni Canton: Telvanni Waistworks, Mage||Fenrick's Doorjam|
|Medila Indaren||Mages Guild||10||Caldera: Mages Guild||Fenrick's Doorjam|
|Tinaso Alan||Telvanni||10||Tel Mora: Tower Services||Fenrick's Doorjam|
* This person's services are available to faction members of a sufficient rank only.
The following items consist of a Lock effect. They may include additional effects. See articles for details.
Apparel and jewelryEdit
|Enchanted Apparel and Jewelry|
|Amulet of Locking||Amulet||5||5||Instant||amulet of locking|
|Fenrick's Doorjam Ring||Ring||10||10||Instant||fenrick's doorjam ring|
|Hlervu Locket *||Amulet||5||5||Instant||hlervu_locket_unique|
* This item is unobtainable unless using the console.
Potions and scrollsEdit
|Potions and Scrolls|
|Scroll of Galmes' Seal||Scroll||0.20||63||20||80||Instant||sc_galmsesseal|
- Lock can be used on most containers, including those that are rarely or never found locked by default (such as barrels, sacks, and urns). It cannot be used on doors that lead to a different area.
This effect can be used for several purposes:
- When preparing to commit a crime it can be used to lock nearby interior doors, preventing people from entering the room and witnessing the ensuing events.
- When preparing to commit murder, doors can be locked to prevent escape should things go awry and the intended victim attempts to flee.
- When being chased, it can be used to lock an interior door behind the Nerevarine, halting the pursuit. Most people, including guards and Ordinators do not have the means or tendency to unlock doors.
- As an effect with a low Magicka base cost, it can be used to efficiently train Alteration skill. Lock can be cast repeatedly on the same object without unlocking it between castings.
- When used in conjunction with lockpicking, it can be used to train Security skill by repeatedly locking and unlocking an object.