When first speaking with him, he will ask if the Dragonborn has seen a dog out on the roads outside Falkreath and for assistance in catching him. If agreed, he will give some fresh meat to help lure the dog in.
The dog, who turns out to be Barbas, can be found by following the road outside of town. Once the objective is complete, A Daedra's Best Friend can be started. After the quest, he offers a leveled (though small) amount of gold as a reward.
- "Steel's good, but loyalty's better. I'm loyal to Dengeir first, and the Empire second."
- "Only a hearty soul travels the roads these days."
- "Falkreath's warriors always return, one way or another."
- "Men and women join the war, they travel far on these roads to spill each other's blood."
- "Good steel is worth every septim. Remember that."
- His quotes on his loyalty to Dengeir are ironic, as Dengeir believes Lod is trying to contact General Tullius.
- If you haven't spoken to Lod, he can be a good source of blood for vampires. When you are in his house, it will not class as trespassing and he sleeps regularly.
- Killing Lod will prevent A Daedra's Best Friend from starting.
- In the Creation Kit Gunnar Stone-Eye is set as Lod's brother.
This section contains bugs related to Lod. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Sometimes he can be found dead in front of the stairs of his house while he should still be alive.
- On occasion, if you put off his request to bring the stray dog to him, if you follow him into his house and speak to him and immediately leave he will appear on the other side of the door. When this happens, you are stuck and cannot push him out of the way. If you are to fast travel to somewhere else, you appear a foot above the ground and cannot interact with anything other than talking to someone. You cannot be hurt, but you also cannot cause damage.
- This can be fixed if you reset the game.
- Do not use Unrelenting Force or else the game will crash.
- The Dragonborn may be unable to invest in his shop.