Lore is the history and events that have happened on Nirn since its creation. Many stories and adventures that have taken place in Tamriel are considered to be a part of the lore, though much of the lore is comprised of recorded events that are not experienced in any of the games. Most of the lore in The Elder Scrolls comes from the continent of Tamriel, in which currently all the games have taken place. Some lore is from the other continents surrounding Tamriel on Nirn, such as Atmora and Akavir, and from the many realms of Oblivion.
The lore of The Elder Scrolls goes back to the beginning of the gods, and the world itself. The Aedra helped Lorkhan create the mortal plane, Mundus, giving away a significant amount of their power to do so. Thus, the reason why they cannot manifest themselves to mortals.
Some of the Et'Ada helped create the mortal plane, Mundus. These Et'Ada became the Aedra, while those who left the creation of Mundus became the Daedra. However, some of the Et'Ada chose to live in Nirn. They later evolved into Elhnofey, the ancestors of man and mer. The Hist however, are said to be related with the Argonians.
There are three realms inside of Mundus, these are:
- Nirn - The realm in which all mortals reside, It consists of multiple continents and even more races.
- Oblivion - This is the realm where all Daedra reside. Most daedric princes all have their own plane of oblivion, each differs greatly for every prince.
- Aetherius - This is where the Aedra reside.
Description of Nirn and TamrielEdit
The continent of Tamriel is divided into nine provinces:
- Black Marsh - home of the Argonian Race.
- Summerset Isles - a mysterious island which is home to the Altmer.
- Cyrodiil - home to the human Imperial Race.
- Elsweyr - home to the Khajiit.
- Hammerfell - home to the Redguard.
- High Rock - home to the human Bretons and Orsimer.
- Morrowind - home to the Dunmer.
- Valenwood - home of the Bosmer.
- Skyrim - home of the human Nords.
Other continents located in Nirn:
- Atmora - Home of the ancient Nords called Atmorans, before they settled to Skyrim.
- Yokuda - Where Redguard race originated before they set foot in Hammerfell.
- Akavir - Home of five races (such as the Akaviri). This where Dragons originated before migrating to Tamriel.
|The Elder Scrolls Lore|
|First Era • Second Era • Third Era • Fourth Era |