Lore is the history and events that have happened in The Elder Scrolls universe since its creation. Many stories and adventures that have taken place in Tamriel are considered to be a part of the lore, though much of the lore is comprised of recorded events that are not experienced in any of the games. Most of the lore in The Elder Scrolls comes from the continent of Tamriel, in which currently all the games have taken place. Some lore is from the other continents surrounding Tamriel on Nirn, such as Atmora and Akavir, and from the many realms of Oblivion.
Some of the Et'Ada helped create the mortal plane, Mundus. These Et'Ada became the Aedra, while those who left the creation of Mundus became the Magna-Ge, while another group of Et'Ada known as the Daedra had no part in Creation, but instead, decided to make their own realm known as Oblivion. However, some of the Aedra chose to live in Nirn. They later evolved into Elhnofey, the ancestors of man and mer.
There are three realms these are:
- Mundus – The realm in which all mortals reside, It consists of multiple planets.
- Oblivion – This is the realm where all Daedra reside. Each Daedric prince controls their own piece of oblivion, each differs greatly for every prince.
- Aetherius – This is where the Magna Ge reside.
- Dawn Era
- Merethic Era
- First Era
- Second Era – This is when the events of Online, and Redguard occured.
- Third Era – This is when the events of Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, and Oblivion occurred. Its end signified the death of Martin Septim, and thus the Septim Dynasty, although the 3rd Empire is still standing.
- Fourth Era – This is when the events of Skyrim took place.
Description of Nirn and TamrielEdit
Nirn is the planet on which Tamriel lies.
The continent of Tamriel is divided into nine provinces:
- Black Marsh – Home of the Argonian race.
- Summerset Isles – A mysterious island which is home to the Altmer.
- Cyrodiil – Home to the Imperial race.
- Elsweyr – Home to the Khajiit.
- Hammerfell – Home to the Redguard.
- High Rock – Home to the Bretons and Orsimer.
- Morrowind – Home to the Dunmer.
- Valenwood – Home of the Bosmer.
- Skyrim – Home of the Nords. Was the first province to be settled by man.
Other continents located in Nirn:
- Atmora – Home of the ancient Nords called Atmorans, before they settled to Skyrim.
- Yokuda – Where the Redguard race originated before they set foot in Hammerfell.
- Akavir – Home of five races (such as the Akaviri). This is where Dragons originated from, before migrating to Tamriel.
Sentient races of TamrielEdit
|The Elder Scrolls Lore|
|First Era • Second Era • Third Era • Fourth Era |