According to dialogue between Elda Early-Dawn and Jora, Lortheim has recently spent most of his time in the Palace of the Kings with Ulfric Stormcloak rather than tending to the Temple. However, he never actually visits the palace, instead spending his time inside the Temple:
Jora: "Don't bother. I don't have much chance of seeing my husband these days. He's always up in the palace with Ulfric."
Elda: "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Is everything all right?"
Jora: "It's been better, I'll be honest with you."
Elda: "Here, let me get you some mead. This one's on me."
Jora: "I just don't know what to do anymore. He's hardly ever in the temple. I see him at breakfast, and that's it."
Elda: "I know, dear. He's a busy man, though, and loyal to the Stormcloaks."
Jora: "What about being loyal to his wife?"
Elda: "I... I'm sorry, dear, I've got some other customers. I'll be back around in a minute."
- "I've spent my life serving Talos. I don't plan to stop now, no matter what the Empire says."
- "Talos created the Empire. You'd think they'd show him more respect."
- "The way I see it, Ulfric's fighting a holy war."
- "With Ulfric dead and the Stormcloaks gone, who will have the courage to champion the cause of Talos?" ―If the Imperials win the Civil War.
- If he is killed, his wife Jora may send two hired thugs after the perpetrator. Likewise, if his wife is killed, he will find the Dragonborn, at which point he will ask for an apology or kill them.
- Sometimes, at random, he will send hired thugs to "teach you a lesson" for stealing, even if there was nothing stolen from him.