|Lost Knife Hideout|
|Main||Lost Knife Cave|
Lost Knife Hideout is a cave located in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
It is a sublocation to Lost Knife Cave in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and one of the strongholds of the Silver Hand. If the Companions quest-line hasn't been started, bandits occupy it instead. Its name is also the name used within the map marker for the entire location.
The Hideout is an area accessed after walking up through the cave's system of large caverns arranged around a large shallow subterranean lake inside the mountain. Tanning Racks and grindstones can be found near the living quarters in addition to a large, tavern-like room full of food, mead and hunting trophies. At the deepest point in the cave, a large arena area can be found with dead bandits and animals in it. On lower difficulties a bandit thug will spawn in the arena.
- Orsinium and the Orcs (Heavy Armor Skill Book) - upstairs from the dining area in the hideout, on a table.
- Words and Philosophy (Two-Handed Skill Book) - On top of the wooden structure in the first big cavern the large pool of water.
- Just before the animal cage area, after the wooden bridge, you can drop down to a lower level in a hole with a small waterfall. This area has a master level chest with random loot and an enchanted weapon.
- Corundum ore vein - behind the wooden bridge from the tavern area to the arena area.
- Another Corundum ore vein in the hole where the master level chest is found.
- Gold ore vein - just beyond the animal cages, in a far corner, (on the lower land area where the camp leader is). The exit gate is here as well.
- Iron ore vein at entry of the hideout (down the stream of water at bridge).
- Another iron ore vein can be found in the large lake section behind one of the waterfalls. In this same are is a chest and steel armor.
- Shahvee's amulet may be here.
- The bandit Annekke Crag-Jumper at Darkwater Crossing wants killed may be here. The reward is light armor skill training and an offer to become a follower.
- Possible place to assassinate Silver Hand leader.
- Possible location for Dwemer Exploding Fire Bolt Schematics in Ancient Technology.
- A locked chest is underneath the small waterfall in the second area of the hideout.
- At higher levels, a non-hostile Sabre Cat may be found wandering outside the cages. It will become hostile if its cage is unlocked, otherwise, it will remain passive.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)