|Lost Tongue Overlook|
|Location||South of Riften|
This dragon lair is located south of Riften. Follow the stairs that lead up to the overlook and the word wall. There is usually a dragon perched on the wall. It is very common to fight a second dragon at this location as they often spawn in this area. The Word Wall here teaches a word of the Dismay shout.
- A Chest with random loot.
- The name "Lost Tongue Overlook" may be a reference to the 'lost' Dragon Language or the 'lost' Falmer Language - this is supposition based on the passage written on the wall and the lack of any other references for why it is so named.
- The words on the Wall do not glow and cannot be learned when near them.
- The Dragon atop the Word Wall may "freeze" and become permanently inert, making any quest involving it impossible to complete without reloading old saves. Note: Using the Shout Fire Breath or other may initiate the battle with the dragon.
- It is sometimes possible to obtain two soul gems from the ice magic trap, if the 'take' button is spammed fast enough when taking the gem. This may be related to the glitch that causes the trap to still function even if the gem has been taken.
- Once the player tries to learn the word, it will state that it has been but it will not play the music and not appear in the shouts menu.
- After killing the Dragon, there will be a notification to talk to Esbern, when he actually has nothing to say.
- It is possible for the soul gem on the trap to be missing, rendering the trap unable to be disabled.
- Sometimes, the ice magic trap won't stop firing even after the gem is removed.
- Sometimes the soul gem won't be there at all, yet the trap will still fire with no way to disarm.
- After slaying the dragon, the soul might not get captured.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)